FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 895 of 920 FirstFirst ... 395 795 845 885 893 894 895 896 897 905 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,950 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    11326

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Did you get these vapor blasted? The parts look great!
    Glass bead blaster I believe is what need said he used

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Brian
    Bluffton, South Carolina

My toys
    2019 Dodge Challenger Widebody SCAT Pack
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    1982 Delorean DMC-12
    1974 Chevy Suburban

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yesterday I installed my Drayron sequencer boards...pretty spiffy, I must say.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    05457

Replaced the battery in my Yoda VFD clock (stock looking display with modern electronics)...I love this thing so much. Battery died after 3 years of use. It is a bit of a pain to get to as the clock has to be removed from its housing, but well worth it to me in order for the clock to always tell the right time after disconnecting the battery.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    11326

Okay here is some more. Slowly the engine and transmission is getting there. Got to order a bunch of little things from Josh to make the details pop.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Brian
    Bluffton, South Carolina

My toys
    2019 Dodge Challenger Widebody SCAT Pack
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    1982 Delorean DMC-12
    1974 Chevy Suburban

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Replaced the battery in my Yoda VFD clock (stock looking display with modern electronics)...I love this thing so much. Battery died after 3 years of use. It is a bit of a pain to get to as the clock has to be removed from its housing, but well worth it to me in order for the clock to always tell the right time after disconnecting the battery.
    This is why I purchased, but never installed Yoda's clock. Once it's installed I didn't want to have to disassemble to change a battery. Glad you got 3 years out of a battery, might be time for me to re-visit that decision. Would have loved a remote battery option.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    This is why I purchased, but never installed Yoda's clock. Once it's installed I didn't want to have to disassemble to change a battery. Glad you got 3 years out of a battery, might be time for me to re-visit that decision. Would have loved a remote battery option.
    I'm sure that a remote location can be accomplished. Maybe runs leads to underneath the ashtray.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I'm sure that a remote location can be accomplished. Maybe runs leads to underneath the ashtray.
    From what I understood, the clock ran on the car's power. The battery was just a backup so if you ever unhooked the car battery, the time would be saved.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I finally found a nice Genesis Profile 5! This is a hand built amp made in England. It was a pretty expensive amp in it's day but now you can pick one up for 2-3 hundred(if you can find one). DMCH used these in the mid 2000's on their refurbished cars that had the stereo package. The signature feature of the Profile series was how thin it was. It allows for mounting behind the parcel shelf and out of sight.

These are quite hard to find for sale in the states but one will pop up from time to time. Took me about a year to get this one. I wanted it incase anything ever happened to mine, now I got a spare. It's so sleek looking, think I am going to mount it on the garage wall and put my old spectrum analyzer on top and set it to microphone input so when music is playing, it will look the part anyway.
    20220426_022140.jpg20220425_183627.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 04-26-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I finally found a nice Genesis Profile 5! This is a hand built amp made in England. It was a pretty expensive amp in it's day but now you can pick one up for 2-3 hundred(if you can find one). DMCH used these in the mid 2000's on their refurbished cars that had the stereo package. The signature feature of the Profile series was how thin it was. It allows for mounting behind the parcel shelf and out of sight.

These are quite hard to find for sale in the states but one will pop up from time to time. Took me about a year to get this one. I wanted it incase anything ever happened to mine, now I got a spare. It's so sleek looking, think I am going to mount it on the garage wall and put my old spectrum analyzer on top and set it to microphone input so when music is playing, it will look the part anyway.
    20220426_022140.jpg20220425_183627.jpg
    So that is the actual amp behind your carpet? And the blue light is stock? Did you glue the carpet to the amp? When you say you finally found one, you mean you finally found a second one? I do like that setup. I guess I need to start looking on eBay.

Edit, I see they have a profile 4. I guess it’s not as good?
    Last edited by Helirich; 04-26-2022 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    So that is the actual amp behind your carpet? And the blue light is stock? Did you glue the carpet to the amp? When you say you finally found one, you mean you finally found a second one? I do like that setup. I guess I need to start looking on eBay.

Edit, I see they have a profile 4. I guess it’s not as good?
    Yeah I already have one,, this is just a backup since they are pretty rare..My amp is secured to the back side of the parcel shelf wall, the grill is relocated to the front carpet side to protect the fan(hole for fan cut into back board then carpeted). The light isn't stock, but I saw a pic with one and liked it and that one little thing started my whole 5 speaker replacement process and analyzer addition! What a snowball. I believe the Profile 4 is pretty much the same amp but without the dedicated subwoofer out.

The Profe amps are/were highly rated in their time being stable to 1.5ohms. I believe the total output is 350w but I can't remember for sure. I think I have mine bridged at 200x4 and 150x1

20220423_193355.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 04-26-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Page 895 of 920 FirstFirst ... 395 795 845 885 893 894 895 896 897 905 ... LastLast