FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 855 of 875 FirstFirst ... 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 ... LastLast
Results 8,541 to 8,550 of 8747

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

  1. #8541
    Senior Member Lenny's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    704

    My VIN:    6654

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    We gave my granddaughter a car detail for Xmas cost $90.00. He comes to your house and does the car in your driveway. He came today and saw my DeLorean in the garage. He went nuts. I took him for a quick ride around the block.

    When he got back he asked if I wanted him to do the DeLorean. I told him not really there aren't any shows coming up and it's pretty clean. He then said Please I'll do it for $30.00. He then said he has to work on a lot of cars he doesn't care for and he would like to work on a car he really likes. I gave in 30 plus I gave him an extra 20. There were some hard water spots on the hood from opening the garage door after the sprinklers got it wet. He couldn't get them off. I grabbed my Bar Keepers Friend and took them off. He rewashed the hood and fenders. He then said he never used Bar Keepers Friend on a car before
    Thanks,
    Lenny

    DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

  2. #8542
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    8,246

    My VIN:    03572

    Put my door panels back on. I had them off to adjust the locks and replace the door lights. I don't think you can pull the door light connectors without pull the door panels. Also learned the upper panel has metal clips on the rear end and front end. I missed the rear end on the first door and front end on the second door so had to pull it again.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  3. #8543
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2011

    Location:  Ontario, Canada

    Posts:    203

    My VIN:    17145, 1983 canadian model

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Put my door panels back on. I had them off to adjust the locks and replace the door lights. I don't think you can pull the door light connectors without pull the door panels. Also learned the upper panel has metal clips on the rear end and front end. I missed the rear end on the first door and front end on the second door so had to pull it again.
    Oh, I didn’t know the upper door panel had front metal clip. Both of my panels have rear clip but none in the front. They are held with pop rivets are the rear, that I can see. They seems to hold well though.
    Both of my panels are at the upholstery shop. I ‘ll check them to see this when they’re done.

  4. #8544
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    8,246

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Oh, I didn’t know the upper door panel had front metal clip. Both of my panels have rear clip but none in the front. They are held with pop rivets are the rear, that I can see. They seems to hold well though.
    Both of my panels are at the upholstery shop. I ‘ll check them to see this when they’re done.
    The front is just a metal tab like the two in the middle. I guess is goes in the right place most of the time. This time it stuck into the air vent. The back clip is a pain to get in but it's more obvious.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  5. #8545
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2015

    Location:  Novi, MI

    Posts:    339

    My VIN:    4665

    16 degrees F here in Michigan, but sunny so it felt like 17. Woke up the car in storage and took her for an hour drive. Started right up, and ran fantastic. Looking forward to car show season this year.

  6. #8546
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2016

    Location:  Austin MN

    Posts:    304

    My VIN:    03500

    Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    16 degrees F here in Michigan, but sunny so it felt like 17. Woke up the car in storage and took her for an hour drive. Started right up, and ran fantastic. Looking forward to car show season this year.
    Fingers crossed and knock on wood we have a better car show season this year!! I only made it to one last year because it wasn't canceled.



    Dave B.

  7. #8547
    DMC Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date:  Nov 2016

    Location:  SW FL

    Posts:    323

    Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    16 degrees F here in Michigan, but sunny so it felt like 17. Woke up the car in storage and took her for an hour drive. Started right up, and ran fantastic. Looking forward to car show season this year.
    Living in Detroit for 35 years I remember those days! Thankfully residing in S. Florida now.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

  8. #8548
    Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2020

    Location:  Danvers, ma

    Posts:    74

    My VIN:    4328

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Installed aluminum bars to fix the eyebrow issue
    Attachment 65291Attachment 65292

    Main reason for removing the fascia was to adjust the reinforcement bar to close down the fascia-fender gaps. Hood was also pulled back to avoid any rubbing. Before and after pics:
    Attachment 65293Attachment 65294
    Attachment 65295Attachment 65296
    Still not 100% perfect, but as long as it doesn't get worse over time I can live with it.

    Repainted the fascia before reinstallation
    Attachment 65297Attachment 65298
    Hey man I like the way your fascia came out repainted! I gotta redo mine now that i had a little bump in with mine and chipped some paint off. What did you do to prep it first before painting? did you seal/clear coat it at all afterwards? just looking for some advice before i do mine!

  9. #8549
    Senior Member Gregadeth's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Los Angeles, CA

    Posts:    386

    My VIN:    6472

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    Hey man I like the way your fascia came out repainted! I gotta redo mine now that i had a little bump in with mine and chipped some paint off. What did you do to prep it first before painting? did you seal/clear coat it at all afterwards? just looking for some advice before i do mine!
    Hey, thanks! Admittedly, I took the somewhat easier route. I just used sandpaper sheets and hand sanded it down as much as I could. I didn't do primer or a clear coat. Did about 5 or 6 sprays of base coat. One can should be enough, but if you're doing both fascias, I'd get a backup spray can just in case. Also good to hang onto for touch-ups later.

    I had repainted them back in 2018 the same way, so this was my 2nd time doing them. The paint started to fade and chip but I also had my car parked under the sun every day. Now it's under a car cover, so I expect it to last much longer. I think doing a really good prep, and adding a primer as well as a clear coat would help dramatically. But even if you just do what I did and your car is garaged, the paint should last a long time. It's a very inexpensive job and looks great.

  10. #8550
    Member Midnight Specialist's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2020

    Location:  Boston

    Posts:    79

    My VIN:    02260

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Put in Dave's HVAC panel and LED headlights.

Page 855 of 875 FirstFirst ... 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •