FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 107 of 920 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Adjusted the fuel/air mixture to stop rev-hunting. Seems like I've got it about right, as its idling fairly smoothly and consistently. I'll have to tweak a little more here and there and see if it drives properly.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    4496

Installed leds on door lights and side markers. They look great and run cooler.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    Adjusted the fuel/air mixture to stop rev-hunting. Seems like I've got it about right, as its idling fairly smoothly and consistently. I'll have to tweak a little more here and there and see if it drives properly.
    You really don't want to adjust the mixture for the best idle condition. It will probably not run closed loop lambda if you do. So your highway MPG will suffer greatly. You should get a dwell (or duty cycle) meter when adjusting the mixture.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Drove it to work without incident. On the way home I was trying to turn my radio down with the remote, and accidentally held down the 'up' button instead. The whole system just shut off. Checked all the fuses and nothing was wrong. Checked all the wiring, nothing wrong. Checked the fuse in the back of the head unit, it's fine. Start checking voltages and there isn't any?

Turns out there's an inline glass fuse behind the dashboard that was only rated at 5A from the factory. Might be OK for the Craig but not so much for a modern amplifier that accidentally gets cranked. Spent the evening fishing that stupid fuse out through the head unit hole and replaced it with a 10A fuse instead, since that's what's in the back of the head unit. No point creating a link that's intentionally too weak, right?
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    You really don't want to adjust the mixture for the best idle condition. It will probably not run closed loop lambda if you do. So your highway MPG will suffer greatly. You should get a dwell (or duty cycle) meter when adjusting the mixture.
    I'm pretty sure it was running quite rich before, so I think it required an adjustment anyway. We'll see how it runs.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

got it to idle, see here-

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?39...hlight=thermal

Ever since I got it, the idle was never right. As soon as it warned up, it would idle up a bit and have a light misfire at idle. I fixed some vacuum leaks - mainly at the back of the climate control, and at the charcoal canister, and that made the idle even worse... After fixing the connection to the vacuum solenoid (see thread) it idles perfectly now!

I am very happy I (so far) have not had to go into the "VOD" - I was thinking this was about to be the time it was going to happen.
    Still rocking the Ducellier

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    [*]Set windshield down perfectly the first time.
    Sounds easy
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    11326

Took my steering rack down the the auto shop and scrubbed all the grease and dirt off it. Then installed new boots and tie rod ends. Also cleaned the two air shields the cover the trail arms.
    Brian
    Bluffton, South Carolina

My toys
    2019 Dodge Challenger Widebody SCAT Pack
    2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    1982 Delorean DMC-12
    1974 Chevy Suburban

My VIN:    06357

I just drive it, for the past week. Everything runs perfect, I think she would be a great daily driver.

Still checking out that mirror switch/defrost switch blowing when I put the key in.

And also I will check out why the idle doesnt pick-up until it has run for a minute or 2.

But she runs great !!!! Already 2 full tank of gas since the first time I took it out from winter !

My VIN:    05457

New plates arrive in the mail today. The MN plate came off, CA one went on. In MN I was able to get vanity historic/collector plates, here you get what you get.

yewyQ.jpg
    David Proehl

Page 107 of 920 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 ... LastLast