FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeLoreans on Display - AKA Museum DeLoreans

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

DeLoreans on Display - AKA Museum DeLoreans

(This used to be in the Resources section of the old forum, but I see that that area is now just for technical resources, so I am not sure where to put this. Same question for when Shannon posts his VIN Chronology - can we have a non-technical resources section?)

Just in time for Vacation RoadTrips, here is the latest revision of the “DeLoreans On Display” a.k.a. Museum DeLoreans, a listing of places where you should be able to see a silver machine on display, whether you are travelling and need a DeLorean fix, or in your home town and need something to do.

As always, thanks for the tips from various owners. Equally as always, could use some help confirming whether some of the museums still have a car on display, and identifying the VINs, of others. Particular areas are those in WI and TN and the new one added in Nebraska
    Attached Files
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Thanks for posting, we will address the Resources section to include non-technical things like this.

T.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks for the list.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

holy crap, a DeLorean in Nebraska!

//considers making the 2.5 hour drive just to see it...

Dvonk

I would suggest giving them a call before you would do that. I don't remember where I got the info from but I have a ? against it in my notes. I think it was on the old forum. I tried emailing them to confirm but did not get a response
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

haha, yeah i wouldve checked before randomly driving out there. im just glad there might be a DeLorean somewhere in the state.

My VIN:    02075

Club(s):   (DMA)

I was just in Reno, NV last week & can confirm that the GOLD car, VIN 4300 is currently in the lobby of the museum. Very interesting to see this car & how the gold looks on the SS panels. (The museum itself has an AWESOME collection of really old cars back to 1890).

I know the other gold car is in possession of a private owner in La Vale, MD.

Wow, only one car in the Texas list?

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Blackhawk

I can go check on the DeLorean at the Blackhawk Museum in California as I drive by it almost every week. The only problem is that they have 2 other storage facilities off site full of cars so it may or may not be in the museum at this time as they are always changing up the cars on display.

Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    I was just in Reno, NV last week & can confirm that the GOLD car, VIN 4300 is currently in the lobby of the museum. Very interesting to see this car & how the gold looks on the SS panels. (The museum itself has an AWESOME collection of really old cars back to 1890).

I know the other gold car is in possession of a private owner in La Vale, MD.
    I was last in Reno (with time to kill) about a month before I discovered that there was a gold D there Part of the reason of starting this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Wow, only one car in the Texas list?
    Hard to believe, I know. The second gold car, 4301 had been there until it was moved to CA a few years ago. If you know of any more, let me know. (DMCH doesn't count )

Quote Originally Posted by Rhsxo View Post
    I can go check on the DeLorean at the Blackhawk Museum in California as I drive by it almost every week. The only problem is that they have 2 other storage facilities off site full of cars so it may or may not be in the museum at this time as they are always changing up the cars on display.
    Please check if you can. A VIN number would be great. Even if you can confirm that they still have one in storage, that would be a partial confirmation.
    Dermot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast