FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    10644

Somehow, my first DeLorean (circa 2000) was registered in California as a GMC. I was pulled over one night for a really long time and the officers kept asking me what kind of car it was and if I also own a truck. The finally told me that the car was registered as a GMC truck. I don't remember how or if it was ever resolved.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    7075

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Somehow, my first DeLorean (circa 2000) was registered in California as a GMC. I was pulled over one night for a really long time and the officers kept asking me what kind of car it was and if I also own a truck. The finally told me that the car was registered as a GMC truck. I don't remember how or if it was ever resolved.
    My friend's Delorean's color was registered as brown. I don't know who saw it brown, but needs glasses.

My VIN:    4665

My current Michigan registration refers to the car as a CONVERTIBLE. I guess if the doors don't open the usual way, DMV people get all freaked out.

So today I went to an auto parts store. (Parts for my truck) One of the employees came out with a customer to look at the car. He says to me. “Is this the one they had up at Bondy’s?” (Bondy is a car dealer about 50 miles from here.) I told him it was not up there, but I’m keen to meet the owner. I asked “When did you see it there?”. He says “Well, it was when I was working there, so I guess about 1990”.

I realize there aren’t a lot of these around, but to assume it’s one you saw 50 miles away, 30 years ago is a little much.

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    So today I went to an auto parts store. (Parts for my truck) One of the employees came out with a customer to look at the car. He says to me. “Is this the one they had up at Bondy’s?” (Bondy is a car dealer about 50 miles from here.) I told him it was not up there, but I’m keen to meet the owner. I asked “When did you see it there?”. He says “Well, it was when I was working there, so I guess about 1990”.

I realize there aren’t a lot of these around, but to assume it’s one you saw 50 miles away, 30 years ago is a little much.
    You would have blown his mind if you told him 'Yes, it was the one at Bondy's about 30 years ago. Great memory'

-Nick

My VIN:    Early

Things are getting stupid expensive with housing down here, so some people are moving, and a few loaded folks are moving in.

And so a new neighbor came up to introduce himself. He was excited to see the DeLorean. He was saying he knew the founder of the company... I glossed over that as I'm used to the weird statements, but then he said "yeah, he's the founder of AMC." At that point, I had to clear it up.

It's funny though. He wanted to ride around in the car and he owns a freaking Aventador and about three jets.

So I guess I should let him drive the DeLorean around so I can take the Lambo for a spin? Sound like an good deal?

Isn't it absolutely wonderful how the DeLorean can transcend time and all levels of wealth? It's simply the best car.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 81dmc View Post
    Isn't it absolutely wonderful how the DeLorean can transcend time and all levels of wealth? It's simply the best car.
    We are flooded with Aventadors and similar high-dollar vehicles where you and I live. A simple pass down 5th Avenue is all it takes for every person on scene to stare, smile, record, point, comment, thumbs up the DeLorean.
    It takes a Koenigsegg to amass similar reactions in our town.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    Early

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    We are flooded with Aventadors and similar high-dollar vehicles where you and I live. A simple pass down 5th Avenue is all it takes for every person on scene to stare, smile, record, point, comment, thumbs up the DeLorean.
    It takes a Koenigsegg to amass similar reactions in our town.
    True..

Have you ever been down towards Santa Barbara and Radio Rd? I saw another DeLorean driving there a few years ago, and haven't seen it since.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

True..

Have you ever been down towards Santa Barbara and Radio Rd? I saw another DeLorean driving there a few years ago, and haven't seen it since.
    I have not. To my knowledge there were only 3 of us in the area.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    6125

Things are getting stupid expensive with housing down here, so some people are moving, and a few loaded folks are moving in.

And so a new neighbor came up to introduce himself. He was excited to see the DeLorean. He was saying he knew the founder of the company... I glossed over that as I'm used to the weird statements, but then he said "yeah, he's the founder of AMC." At that point, I had to clear it up.

It's funny though. He wanted to ride around in the car and he owns a freaking Aventador and about three jets.

So I guess I should let him drive the DeLorean around so I can take the Lambo for a spin? Sound like an good deal?

Definitely take him up on it if he offers to let you drive the Lambo in exchange for him driving the DeLorean.

It's pretty crazy that even now the inflated prices of DeLoreans that the smiles-per-dollar is still off the charts. It's been a while since I had anyone make a negative comment about it while driving around, it's just thumbs up everywhere.

Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 LastLast