FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 185 of 188 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1872

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Mom's basement 20-something type - "IT'S THE WORST ENGINE EVER!" "WELL, IT IS".

Somehow, my worst engine ever made the 45 minute trip at 70+ mph without a hitch and is still working just fine 40+ years on.

A lot of people this year are very insistent it's a GM engine, so that must be it.

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post

Somehow, my worst engine ever made the 45 minute trip at 70+ mph without a hitch and is still working just fine 40+ years on.

A lot of people this year are very insistent it's a GM engine, so that must be it.
    Sorry you had to interact with that type.

Yesterday, I was at a casual car gathering in Milford MI, in the same general vicinity of the GM proving grounds with lots of American cars all with the loudest pipes. I figured in that crowd I'd get some jerk comment, but not one. Nothing but positivity and huge smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post

I have a lot of guys tell me how unreliable it is. When I ask how many they have worked on, the response is usually “this is the first one I’ve ever seen”. Almost everyone thinks it’s made by AMC.

DMC Dave

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I have a lot of guys tell me how unreliable it is. When I ask how many they have worked on, the response is usually “this is the first one I’ve ever seen”. Almost everyone thinks it’s made by AMC.
    This is usually the response I have. I ask questions like "well what makes it a bad engine?" and that usually stops them in their tracks. I also tell people the PRV has been around for decades and has been in many cars including 800hp monsters which is more than I can say for some Mercedes, BMW, Rover, Jag, GM, etc. engines. Anyone can find fault in just about any car....just means it's not for them.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I have a lot of guys tell me how unreliable it is.
    I often get this as well. I kindly tell them to "Suck It, Trebek!" - that my 245,000 mile car disagrees with their statement.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    10644

Overheard as I was eating lunch outside near my DeLorean:

Woman 1: Oooh look, it’s a DeLorean! Don’t touch it though.
    Woman 2: Why?
    Woman 1: Because of the metal. It’s hot.
    While probably accurate, I wouldn’t expect it to be notably hotter than any other car parked in the sun. But if that’s what it takes to keep people from touching my car, I’m for it!
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Overheard as I was eating lunch outside near my DeLorean:

While probably accurate, I wouldn’t expect it to be notably hotter than any other car parked in the sun. But if that’s what it takes to keep people from touching my car, I’m for it!
    What, what, is it hot? No, cold, damn cold!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3937

I have Fuzion tires on my car. Guy asked me if I got those on purpose. Like Fuzion... fusion... Mr. Fusion. Alrighty then... see ya later!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    Early

Was at parts store a few days ago buying some wiring.

Guy: So whatchu workin on?

Me: Just rewiring the Delorean.

Guy: Oh that gmc car?

Me: Uh, no DMC for Delorean Mot…

Guy: Made by gmc.

Me:
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

100% retarded for people to open their mouths and spew inaccurate words in today's world with the ability to search to read about facts regarding DMC, DMCL & the DMC-12. If I don't know something I ask or keep my mouth shut.
    A smart person knows what to say - a wise person knows whether to say it or not.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 185 of 188 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast