FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 188 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Delorean Comment Of the Day

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    When driving mine down 5th Street, in Reading PA with the windows down, constant yelling and looking, by just about everyone

"DeLorean!" is the most common hoot
    LOL, Thanks for reminding me what car I'm in.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

I got this today at a BBQ from a friend of a friend. "Hey you still have your Delorean?"
    More of a dumb question than comment.

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

I got one Saturday. I hadn't heard before. Living on long island Grumman was a big job for a lot of older fellas before they lost the government contract in the early 90's. So this guy at a car show Saturday comes storming over and says "hey who's car is this." I said "mine." He said "we made those torsion bars for this car. We did all the engineering, we made the machines, the bars, and we never got paid!" Kind of dumbfounded I said "ok I heard several conpanies never got paid......"he said "oh no the man was a crook a no good drug dealing crook!" and went on to berate me my car and DeLoreans in general for about 10 minutes. After he was done I asked "well what would you like me to do about it." He said you should get rid of that thing and buy a real car, then walked away. I was honestly stumped. Even the guy parked next to me said "geez you'd think it was his money that built those bars." I couldn't believe what I just heard.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by DMC3165 View Post
    I got one Saturday. I hadn't heard before. Living on long island Grumman was a big job for a lot of older fellas before they lost the government contract in the early 90's. So this guy at a car show Saturday comes storming over and says "hey who's car is this." I said "mine." He said "we made those torsion bars for this car. We did all the engineering, we made the machines, the bars, and we never got paid!" Kind of dumbfounded I said "ok I heard several conpanies never got paid......"he said "oh no the man was a crook a no good drug dealing crook!" and went on to berate me my car and DeLoreans in general for about 10 minutes. After he was done I asked "well what would you like me to do about it." He said you should get rid of that thing and buy a real car, then walked away. I was honestly stumped. Even the guy parked next to me said "geez you'd think it was his money that built those bars." I couldn't believe what I just heard.

I think for someone to hold a grudge like that for 30 years, he should worry about HIS problems and not worry about you "needing" to sell your car. What an idiot.....
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

From my 27-year-old cousin when I told her I bought a Delorean: "What's a Delorean?"

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    I think for someone to hold a grudge like that for 30 years, he should worry about HIS problems and not worry about you "needing" to sell your car. What an idiot.....
    Chances are he doesn't have a grudge, he was just jealous. Some people deal with that jealousy by belittling what they don't have. He probably would have loved to own a nice car, but he is not about to let you know that, or acknowledge your car in a positive way. I usually get smart right back at those types, after all their goal was to piss you off...I like to beat them to the punch.
    Typical response from me after being told to get a real car would have been, "dont hold your breath" or "well I guess your just s#!t out of luck arent you?"

Maybe if I were really on my game I would have thought to say "oh like a Ford, who used imprisioned jews for their labor".

I dislike those angry jealous types. Mostly because they get a reaction out of me and its not a positive one...and I dont want to become negative and bitter like them. Perhaps it would have been best to just say "your opinion has been noted"...in a very dismissive tone.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-06-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Stupid comments

When I tell people about the Delorean I get mixed reactions. Some people love it, others are like this:

1. "Why do you want one? It's a slow, ugly turd!"

2. "DMC stand for drug money car"

3. At a local show, "Why is there a Delorean here? It's not a classic!"

4. "There's cocaine in the wheels!"

Those are just a sample of the comments I get from people. When you have a Delorean brushing off some of the comments helps. But when ones like those above come out it makes me I love Deloreans and I dont care what people think. I guess I'll have to get some thicker skin.

I also have a Certificate of Originality made up to post in the Delorean window. hehe
    Last edited by Chris Burns; 06-06-2011 at 10:30 AM.

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

"Yo, You you put those doors on yourself like that"

"No, it came like that"

"Don't sell that man"

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    LOL, Thanks for reminding me what car I'm in.
    Unfortunately, that's too long to holler back at someone. I've just taken to returning the favor as it were.

Example exchange:

Guy in a Corolla: "DELOREAN!!!"
    Me: "TOYOTA!!!"

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    3937

As I pulled up to a red light the other night, a guy in a small pick-up truck in the lane beside me leans over and says:

"How far ya going?"

My line of course:

"Oh, about 30 years."

We both laughed as the light turned green.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 2 of 188 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast