FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hole in fiberglass body

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    My search on you tube came up empty. So, does anyone know of or have a before and after Dynamat video of a DeLorean?
    As I was putting the seats back in mine yesterday I remembered that I own a decibel meter from when I worked on custom audio many years ago. I was really mad at myself for not taking before and after readings.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    As I was putting the seats back in mine yesterday I remembered that I own a decibel meter from when I worked on custom audio many years ago. I was really mad at myself for not taking before and after readings.
    Shucks.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Well, crap. I've been wanting someone to do a Decibel comparison before and after. Especially with an Upgraded Exhaust combination.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Well, crap. I've been wanting someone to do a Decibel comparison before and after. Especially with an Upgraded Exhaust combination.
    I'll loan the meter to anyone who volunteers to do this
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBenb84 View Post
    I had them too, #2543. Noticed when I was replacing the speaker. I got the fiberglass kit from walmart and fiberglassed them over.

That dynamat? How much of a difference is there?
    Please see my pics in post number 16 and post 27 and I have a lengthy description in post 30.
    New carpet, soundproofing, and dynamat – any tips?
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?43...namat-any-tips

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Mark, how close are you to finishing this project? Yours is by far the most complete coverage I've seen yet. Can't wait to here the results of this. Do you have an upgraded Exhaust?
    My sound insulating project is already complete. It took several years of daily driving the D and adding sound insulating when I wasn't busy doing other stuff. Please read the above thread for my comments. I’m happy to answer more.

I have the original exhaust with a hollowed out catalytic converter. I can’t do anything about the engine noise (sound) that passes through the rear window. Sometimes I wish there was less engine noise while idling at a stop light. With all that sound insulating I now notice more wind noise from the bottom of the doors. They don’t seal well at all.
    Try this. Open your doors and lay a sheet of paper on top of the carpeted door sill and rubber door seal. Now close your doors. Now pull on the paper. You will notice no resistance since the rubber seal doesn’t actually reach the stainless steel door.
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    ...when I run the fan on speed 3 or 4 and the AC is not on MAX, I get a whistle from the air somewhere. If I crack the window the whistle will stop.
    mildly related: this happens on my Jeep. the hard top has vents in the back, but the soft top doesnt. when the soft top is on, the air has to find little cracks around the door and vinyl windows to seep out and makes a light whistling sound. it also inflates the soft top and makes the top bubble upward.

if i crack a window it stops as well.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3