FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gulf Coast DeLoreans?

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Lightbulb Gulf Coast DeLoreans?

I couldn't post this in the "Regional Forums" section, so here it is.

Is there any interest in a club/group for the Gulf Coast folks? There seem to be quite a few of us in southeast Lousiana, Mississippi, and the Florida panhandle, and it would be nice to get the word out about get-togethers and such.

"Gulf Coast DeLoreans" anyone?

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I say we ask Sean or Mike if we can start a thread under clubs called Louisiana Delorean Owners.

Btw, Fred wants to do something July 9th. He mentioned having a tech day and going to a cruise in that night.

Well, I was hoping to include the folks in MS, AL, and the Florida panhandle -- there are a number of car events throughout each year all along the coast.

Anyway, July 9 looks good for me. I should have a/c by then.

Farrar

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

We should try to have a meet in Biloxi or somewhere along the coast some day. Years ago I used to drive out to Mobile to meet up with a few Delorean owners I once know. Maybe I could get some guys in Mobile to join us if we ever did a coast thing.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

The actual "clubs" sections are locked for new threads and individual posts and such, but if you all would like to get a group going based on this thread, we'll be more than happy to set a group up for you!
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

My VIN:    2543

Mary Esther, FL...or basically next to Pensacola here. Its to damn hot to drive my car now. Yes I have working AC but shut the car off for 2 minutes in the sun and its a never ending battle to cool it back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The actual "clubs" sections are locked for new threads and individual posts and such, but if you all would like to get a group going based on this thread, we'll be more than happy to set a group up for you!
    Mike, that would be great. Can we call it Gulf Coast DeLoreans for now? I know technically Texas is on the Gulf Coast but they already have their own club.

Thanks!
    Farrar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigBenb84 View Post
    ,,, Its to damn hot to drive my car now....
    I have come to the studied conclusion that the nice designers in Hethel had no concept of the American South.

Bill Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    I have come to the studied conclusion that the nice designers in Hethel had no concept of the American South.
    I dunno, some folks in the hottest climates (e.g. Texas) seem to have no problems with their a/c -- I think there are a lot of 1981-2-built systems out there that need to be flushed or updated to cool correctly. I believe that once I get my evaporator fixed or replaced and the new orifice tube, Sparky's a/c will be just fine.

Farrar

Banned

The system as designed really struggles to cool the cabin in direct sunlight.

People from higher latitudes have no concept of direct sunlight. Southern sun is a killer. It bleaches the color out of everything it touches. It fries plastic to a crisp. It will even cause cloth to disintegrate.

Southern sun causes every bit as much damage as northern road salt (different type of damage of course, but same magnitude). Any Southern owner who doesn't use a dash mat is asking for trouble.

When I went to DC last week to retrieve my DeLorean, I accidentally left a bottle of lemonade sitting on the service truck. Four days later the sun had bleached all the artificial color out of it. It still tasted like lemonade, but the liquid was clear, not yellow. That's how powerful Southern sun is.

Bill Robertson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast