FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1981 DMC - 41k mi, all new interior, great condition

1981 DMC - 41k mi, all new interior, great condition

Hey guys, please see the link to my ad for my DMC

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/2981825423.html

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Great looking car.

10/10 for the tag

But what is this in the trunk? (it's nicely done, whatever it is)

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I checked the ad; its for a subwoofer.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

A subwoofer in the front??

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    A subwoofer in the front??
    Normally they're in the trunk behind the rear seats, but that's were the engine is. The large open space drastically affects performance, so the front makes the most sense here. This actually makes more sense as the doppler effect would mean you get more bass. Doesn't seem out of place to me.

And the tech that did the install was super excited about the project because he said that's the optimal place for bass, front and center. He actually drilled a port directly from the sub to the cabin for better sound . . . I know it's not for everyone but at least it was done with the highest of quality in mind.

Curious as to people's thoughts on my asking price . . . Am I way off base? I bought the car 2 years ago (in pretty rough condition) for $12,500 and have put about $14,500 into it to bring it to it's current condition. Just want to get it to a good, DMC-loving home and not take a total bath on it . . . open to thoughts and suggestions though for sure!

Thanks!

Nice car!

Price seems reasonable to me, but the market is low at this time.

Good luck!

LEVY

Quote Originally Posted by wtflux View Post
    Curious as to people's thoughts on my asking price . . . Am I way off base? I bought the car 2 years ago (in pretty rough condition) for $12,500 and have put about $14,500 into it to bring it to it's current condition. Just want to get it to a good, DMC-loving home and not take a total bath on it . . . open to thoughts and suggestions though for sure!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wtflux View Post

Thanks!
    Considering the condition and upgrades of your D, I'd have to agree with LEVY: it's a reasonable price. I just bought one myself, but if I didn't, really the only thing that would've ruled this out is that it's over budget for me. The fact that it comes with a subwoofer that flows into the cabin (which you might want to make a little clearer in your ad -- I didn't realize there was a hole in the front firewall for it), plus the suspension upgrade, new battery, and honesty with the dents and dings is definitely a bonus in my mind.

Just a thought: if you have the original radio, you might want to include it with the purchase and take pictures. Even if it's broken, there's places that can repair it, and some owners prefer the stock radio over an aftermarket one, or even just the peace of mind that they can revert it to stock if they decide to sell at some point for one reason or another. If you have the original speakers, and they're not busted, that wouldn't hurt either. It might not make a difference, but are you really going to use 30-year old 4x10's anywhere? Might as well give them to the new owner as a bonus.

For what it's worth, I doubt many potential buyers past their 20's are going to care about subwoofers, or even know what they are, but labeling it in the picture would sure help some of the confusion with the enclosure. If I didn't know squat about audio, I'd probably be wondering what that giant box in the front is with the screws holding the lid on, and why a luggage container in the trunk didn't have wheels or a zip-up top

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Price seems reasonable to me as well, but the kicked in RR quarter is going to be a showstopper for many. That's one of those things that can turn buyers of out of proportion to the repair cost.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast