FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The best photos you've ever taken of your car...

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Here are some other great shots of 3205 and 3922 by automotive photographer and journalist, Brendan McAleer.

And here was the article he did.
    Attached Images
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    Bought 10515 on 11/6/2015. This is the best photo I have so far. In this photo, it's headed to DMC CA. More to come...
    Attachment 37988
    Right on. Congrats Dave!

What kind of tires do you have on the front there? They look a little more narrow than stock from that angle?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Here are some other great shots of 3205 and 3922 by automotive photographer and journalist, Brendan McAleer.

Where's this picture taken, Dave?

IMG_7693.jpg

Reminded me of a pic we took on a club drive a few years ago North of Toronto.

BBQ 1 TM 5 Non TM's.jpg

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Those were all taken in or around Fort Langley. Beautiful roads around there.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    10515

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Right on. Congrats Dave!

What kind of tires do you have on the front there? They look a little more narrow than stock from that angle?
    Narrow indeed.. All four tires were flat and disintegrating. The car has been in the garage since 1988.

DMC put on 4 spares to load it on the trailer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Nice pictures of the cars Dave, and great photography!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    01955

Very nice!

Many of you have likely seen how popular adult colouring books are getting recently. They promote relaxation and reducing stress apparently. The creative part of colouring, drawing, doodling, etc. I'd assume helps with that.

It gave me an idea for making a couple Christmas gifts/stocking stuffers for family. It's really easy and you can play around with the different settings or scales to get the contrast just right for any photo you do. I tried it out on a DeLorean club get together photo from earlier this year. What do you think?

Colouring 2458882.jpg

Attaching it to the forum here is killing the resolution. It is a fair bit larger and better detail prior to uploading, but you get the idea.

My VIN:    07000

The best photos you've ever taken of your car...

Neat idea. As a Photoshop guys who's been doing it for a long time, I'd suggest taking the photo, make it black and white, use the find outlines filter, then adjust the levels so it's purely black and white line art. Or once you've done the find outlines filter, bring it into Illustrator and have it trace the image so it's vector lines.
    And if you have any drawing skills and have either a tablet or are good enough with a mouse, instead of doing the find outlines, bring it into Illustrator and do your own lines (yes, I just got the reference and being DeLoreans...), with the the pen tool.
    Lots you can do with a little effort.

One more suggestion. If you ever look at most coloring books, they have a main subject (or a few subjects), background, and simple composition. Maybe some nice shots of DeLorean with a building, or trees, on a beach, or? The key is a clean composition.
    Last edited by Timebender; 12-05-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Good advice, thanks for that. Admittedly, I'm a photoshop amateur, big time. I was using a sort of online "recipe" to make these colouring sheets. I can definitely see how making it all black and white would help and for sure the part where you mention keeping the image simple. Either by picking a photo with very little in the background or getting the software to remove it.

I did a bunch that weren't with cars and a few of them turned out nice when they had a lot of symmetrical lines or shapes in them, like window frames or the edges of building or other things. I have a little more time to do some trial and error on the method before Christmas and I think some practice will help find out what works best.

Page 42 of 76 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast