FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Three Deloreans Found in A Warehouse

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Three Deloreans Found in A Warehouse

I spent some time looking at three Deloreans located in a warehouse in Alvin Texas. All three were gray automatics. All have grooved hoods and no gas flap. All have the clock that came with the ’81 cars. Apparently they were all purchased at or about the same time. The VINs are close to one another. Two have not been started since about 2003. One has not been started since about 2006. For all of them, except for headliners, they appear to be in pretty good shape cosmetically. I noticed no discernable dents, cracked windows or cracked binnacles. Two appear that they have been stored indoors for all of their lives and the other appears to have been outdoors a little but nothing severe. For all three cars, the struts, tires and headliners need to be replaced and the fuel system and fluids cleaned out and replaced. Probably the batteries need to be replaced also. Tires on them look okay (one was flat) but they will need to be replaced since they are several years old.

VIN 6190 is a gray automatic with 7,114 miles. It was last inspected in 2003. It has Yokohama tires. It has the plastic overflow tank. Interior was in pretty good shape. The headliner panels on the doors were removed for some reason but they were behind the seats.
    VIN 6398 is a gray automatic with 31,628 miles. It has Goodyear tires on it but I don’t know if they are the original Goodyear tires or not. This car is the roughest of the three. Some minor cracking in the seats. The cable to the trunk is broken but the trunk was open. There appears to be some rust underneath but appears to be surface rust.

VIN 6642 is a gray automatic with 22,140 miles. It was last inspected in 2005. Has a grooved hood. The radio was replaced with a SONY but I didn’t see a cd player. It has a metal overflow tank. The exhaust tips have been replaced with the exhaust tips like the ’83s have. I didn’t notice any rust issues.

The owner would like to sell all three together. She hasn’t put a price on them but will take a “reasonable” offer for them. For more information contact Dennis at 832-640-5608.

The pictures are various pictures of the cars. I tried loading them on order of the VIN description above but I don't think they loaded in the same order.

One clarification - They would like to sell all three cars together but appear to be open to sell them individually. Give Dennis a call.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by lazabby; 06-28-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Add'l info.

My VIN:    1710

I wish I had the funds to get whichever VIN this one is:

Is that the same car which has the ground effects, by the way?

As far as values on these cars, my guess is anywhere between $7-$10k. Their frames, bodies, and interiors are all in tact and okay shape. The surface rust on the one frame is a non issue. You can tell it's extremely light & non-structural.

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    I wish I had the funds to get whichever VIN this one is:

That's VIN 6190

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Where in Texas are these? There's a guy here in Southeast Louisiana looking for a D -- I want to turn him on to these in case one of them is in driving range and he wants to go see it.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Where in Texas are these? There's a guy here in Southeast Louisiana looking for a D -- I want to turn him on to these in case one of them is in driving range and he wants to go see it.

Farrar
    These cars are in Alvin Texas, about 25 miles south of Houston.

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

We're very familiar with all three of these cars, having been good friends with the now deceased owner of them. We serviced all three since the late 1980s. If anyone is *seriously* interested in knowing the history of these cars as we know it, email me.

James

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

I've been advised that I at this time I can't release any information on the cars without the consent of the current owner. Sorry.

James

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

If you have serious interest in the cars please call the number provided in the first post.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Attention Whore

I am seriously interested, I gave them a call, but he doesn't have a price in mind, waiting for offers...not in a hurry.
    Seems fishy.
    I am ready to buy all three but are they ready to sell?

They want to sell. Just waiting on a good offer. Make them an offer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast