FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any football fans out there?

My VIN:    3937

Any football fans out there?

Who ya got for the SuperBowl tomorrow?

I'll be rooting for the Niners. Been cheering for them since I was a kid, back in the Montana days.

It's been a long time since they were relevant. A good decade or so of being pretty mediocre. I got the chance of a lifetime to get to my first NFL game last season and saw them lose to the Giants in OT at the NFC Championship. Man, that was one awesome weekend.

IMG_2357.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

I'm a big football fan myself. More of a Browns fan for NFL (and, oddly, Oregon Ducks for NCAA), so I'm obligated to root for the 49'ers. I say "obligated" because of the Clevland Browns Relocation Controversy, in which the Browns owner moved the entire team to Baltimore because they could build a new stadium, even though the very next day, we voted to do exactly that. It's only due to legal battles that they became the Ravens, and it wasn't until three years later that we formed a new team to be the Browns. But to each his own.

Being an Oregon fan, I also have to root for Oregon alumni, and LaMichael James (Oregon running back) is now on the 49'ers. Led the nation in rushing yards and touchdowns his sophomore year, even though he missed the first game of the season. This year he's a rookie for the 49'ers, so naturally I'm rooting for them.

I can understand the Browns parallel. Those types of business decisions in sports can leave a bad taste in the mouth of the fans for a long time.

I don't follow NCAA football as much, mostly just due to it not being on very many channels here. Well, I guess and also because my alma mater is a Canadian school. And we would often get a whopping 5-600 fans to the game, lol. Nice call on the Oregon Ducks. I have a hat of theirs somewhere around here. I used to go to Portland on business once per month for a while and jumped on their bandwagon for a while

Hard to sometimes trace back why you cheer for a certain team, and when there isn't even any of them in the country, lots of guys in this area have strange reasons for cheering for the team they do. When I was about 8-10 in the early 80s, my Aunt knew a friend in San Fran, and this woman used to send me actual newspaper clippings, magazine articles, or programs from San Fran and the Niners. Talk about hooking an impressionable kid on a team! Fast forward to the time frame where I could have paid for this sort of trip to see a game and they were not very good for a quite some time.

But low and behold, when Green Bay lost their game to the Giants last year and then the game became a SF home game, my mind started putting the trip together. It was amazing even if they lost. And holy cow was it cold and wet at that game!! Didn't matter though, it was great high five'ing other fans around you and all that. There really is a big difference between going to cheer for a home team versus being there cheering for the visiting team.

And funny how the day took some strange twists right from the get go. I was on this particular bus that the writer from the SF paper was on too

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/...ic-2674442.php

We got to the game about 20 minutes after the guys were jumping off. Didn't feel like risking a run in with a SF police officer on the freeway

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I'm for Coach Harbaugh to finally WIN&LOSE one. "I Garrauntee IT"
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3028

Football is great and all, but the more important question is who has the hotter cheerleaders?

Here we go ;

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/raven...ers/index.html

Or

http://www.49ers.com/gold-rush/team-photo.html

You are All very welcome.

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Unless the CRTC has screwed us over this year, I'll have the commercials on...

Bless your heart, Jimmy! I'll call it a tie and the winner will be decided by a big cheerleader pillow fight

Cory... I wasn't under the impression the CRTC had stopped screwing us over with the commercials?? All the channels I turn to with the game are trumped over by CTV or TSN or whatever. Even the direct feed CBS channel will have their commercial time dubbed over by Canadian Tire and Tim Horton's commercials. Ugh. Unless you know some special trick??

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Last year, I managed to catch the proper American network feed this way:

-I'm on cable. Not one of the evil satellite companies the CRTC find to be so darling these days.
    -I used the HD feed (is there really any other way?)
    -I chose the Time Shifted network feed instead of local time.

It appears my provider doesn't simulsub on the time shift feeds, nor HD. This gives me 2 or 3 choices to try to get around the CRTC.

Who's your carrier?

Bell TV (satellite).

I had used your method in the past once or twice, but the last couple times I tried it didn't work. Somehow they caught up with the time shifting channels too. I'll give it another shot today, or default to watching the commercials on YouTube at another time

My VIN:    3045

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Football is great and all, but the more important question is who has the hotter cheerleaders?

Here we go ;

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/raven...ers/index.html

Or

http://www.49ers.com/gold-rush/team-photo.html

You are All very welcome.
    Holy Crap! I didn't know their was another Gold Rush in California. SF here I come!
    Does it have a flux capacitor?
    Does it run on 1.21 Giggawatts?
    Have you been chased by terrorist?

No but I have been chased by ladies because it’s a chick magnet!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast