FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Resurrection of 3205

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    1. Oil leaks - see the pics below. Though I've used new gaskets on the valve covers, I'm getting a leak.
    If you had your heads rebuilt, they may have shaved a little bit of height off them. In this case the timing chain cover will sit slightly higher than the top of the head, creating a gap. You need to use sealant to get this gap to close up.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    If you had your heads rebuilt, they may have shaved a little bit of height off them. In this case the timing chain cover will sit slightly higher than the top of the head, creating a gap. You need to use sealant to get this gap to close up.
    Is there a particular sealant I should look for?
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Some pics from the photo shoot tonight

These are mine.

The ones the photographer took are just unreal! Not sure when I'll get to see them.

Here is his website.

His name is Andrew Holliday. He's very professional and I'd highly recommend him if any folks in the PNDC are looking for photographers.

More to come soon.
    Attached Images
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Fun With Oil Leaks

Tonight I took a stab at my oil leaks.

Recall I had several leaks (the pictures are posted in previous posts). I used teflon tape on the oil pan bolts that were leaking and torqued to spec. One of the 3 bolts stopped leaking and the other 2 seem worse. Now it seems like the oil pan gasket might be sweating more but it could also be run off from the oil sensor, Im not sure.

The oil sensor I didn't touch but it leaks pretty badly. I dont think I can do much with it because you need to remove the oil filter to get any sort of wrench/tool in there.

Open to suggestions.

Good thing I moved recently so i have lots of cardboard catch basins.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    03254

[QUOTE=sdg3205;7478]
    The oil sensor I didn't touch but it leaks pretty badly. I dont think I can do much with it because you need to remove the oil filter to get any sort of wrench/tool in there.

Open to suggestions.
    [QUOTE]

You must know this but just in case.

Change your oil, when you remove the filter take off the oil pressure sender, clean the threads on both the block and the sender, put some teflon tape on the threads of the sendor and replace. Finish changing the oil. No more leak.

I would deal with this before the others, it could be the source of what looks like an oil pan leak.

Dan

You must know this but just in case.

Change your oil, when you remove the filter take off the oil pressure sender, clean the threads on both the block and the sender, put some teflon tape on the threads of the sendor and replace. Finish changing the oil. No more leak.

I would deal with this before the others, it could be the source of what looks like an oil pan leak.

Dan
    Totally, I've only got about 500 miles on the oil which is why I'm hesitant to do another change.

If I was driving it daily I'd hop on it, but at once a week I'm willing to wait it out a bit.

I'm also fairly sure the bolts are also at fault because I did a full degrease followed by a drive and found drops before they trekked far from their source.

You can bet the oil sensor will get the royal treatment at some point though. Thanks!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Fun Surprise

It's a rare but nice surprise when something just starts working on it's own accord.

It's always worked for the seat belts, but I had no idea the buzzer was supposed to work with the car running and the doors open, but after a crackle or two the buzzer kicked in randomly the other day and has kept up its proper function ever since.

nice.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    It's always worked for the seat belts, but I had no idea the buzzer was supposed to work with the car running and the doors open, but after a crackle or two the buzzer kicked in randomly the other day and has kept up its proper function ever since.
    Thats what the second switch on the driver's door is for. One for curtsey lights, the other for the buzzer.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Thats what the second switch on the driver's door is for. One for curtsey lights, the other for the buzzer.
    I'd always figured it was for the "door ajar" light.

The more you know!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    06960

The "Door Ajar" light is powered (grounded) from the door lights circuit. Should come on if either door is open...

Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast