FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Performance Mods

My VIN:    1695

Performance Mods

Is there a website to buy various performance parts? I want to look at all of the options, anywhere from a complete rebuild to just simple bolt on performance. I was looking at getting intake and head work done and possibly and aggressive cam.
    Thanks,
    Pat

Volvo mechanic level 3

My VIN:    No Delorean yet :(

Curent car : 1998 Ford Racing Puma replica, nr 138/500. 2004 land rover freelancer TD4

also http://www.delorean.eu/catalog/index.php?cPath=20_139

you can even find some parts for the old Reanault Alpine (like camshafts..)
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

What kind of intake work are you thinking about? Forced induction?

My VIN:    1695

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    What kind of intake work are you thinking about? Forced induction?
    Porting. Eventually I will want to go to forced induction but for right now I am stock. I want to do some bolt ons for easy power and then this winter take the motor down and put an aggressive cam, head work etc. I want to know what all can be done to the original engine. Like boring the cylinders and milling the heads or is there more that can be done? As far as bolt ons is there a recommended supercharger?

Is it better to go with an EFI setup if you go to forced induction?

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by patburton View Post
    Porting. Eventually I will want to go to forced induction but for right now I am stock. I want to do some bolt ons for easy power and then this winter take the motor down and put an aggressive cam, head work etc. I want to know what all can be done to the original engine. Like boring the cylinders and milling the heads or is there more that can be done? As far as bolt ons is there a recommended supercharger?

Is it better to go with an EFI setup if you go to forced induction?
    The only real bolt on mods that will make any power are a freer flowing exhaust (there are a few options for that: DMC Texas, DPI, and the Euro stainless exhaust), and a cold air intake. Other than that, you're going to have to really tear into the engine to bump power. Luckily there are a couple of camshaft options... the DMC franchises sell their version, and DPI has cams specifically formulated for manual AND auto cars. I know an owner who has a car with milled heads; most owners seem to eschew this practice as they have no real world DeLorean experience with it. You'll find this mindset quite often in the DeLorean community- folks dismiss & attack anything they don't understand/haven't tried.

Regarding superchargers, DMC Texas has a kit which includes modified intake goodies, but it'll cost you dearly. They also have to do the work to the car, and they port & polish your heads, install new cams, exhaust, ignition, etc. I'm still not sold on the supercharger DMC Texas chose, either. If it were me, I'd want an Eaton TVS, but I'm not sure if it could be mated to the proprietary DMC-Texas supercharger intake. Most folks would agree you'll want to go EFI if you do your own homebrew supercharging, but DMC stuck with the stock mechanical fuel injection. My guess is because they have lots of those old mechanical fuel injection parts on their shelves which they don't want to make obsolete.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

My biggest concern with the stage III supercharger is that it's still used on stock engines, meaning performance is hindered by the stock engines limits. The stock internals cant handle more than about 6psi of boost no matter what type of forced induction is being used. Now, I'm not an expert on the supercharger market, but i know that I can buy a full bolt on kit fo my LS1 for around $6k.

Isn't the stage III around $13,000 (with installation which is required right?)? And the output figures were 153-157hp? I get that the PRV parts market is a lot smaller, and that folks like edelbrock aren't pumping out supercharges for it, but can't we do better than that? If I recall correctly the stage III only makes 6psi of boost (because the stock internals can't take anymore). Why not offer forged internals?! Yea I know DMCH has a full warehouse of crate motors that they don't want to tear apart, but why not at least offer it? Then maybe they can advertise performance figures above 200hp.

Course then I guess the problem is that once you get above about 7psi you need to start considering intercoolers which the stage III isn't designed for. Oh well...

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

DPI has this covered. We have succesfully pushed the PRV head from 103 cfm to over 250. We plan to formally release our new PRV derived power plant in the first weeks of May. Anyone interested in the before and after flow numbers feel free to email us for a copy at [email protected]

Our system will not be offered with two high end packages one at 200 whp+ and one at 250whp+ depending on the tune purchased. The complete engine will be sub 13,000 retail as well.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    DPI has this covered. We have succesfully pushed the PRV head from 103 cfm to over 250. We plan to formally release our new PRV derived power plant in the first weeks of May. Anyone interested in the before and after flow numbers feel free to email us for a copy at [email protected]

Our system will not be offered with two high end packages one at 200 whp+ and one at 250whp+ depending on the tune purchased. The complete engine will be sub 13,000 retail as well.
    ah.... why do you tell us....what it will NOT be offered with...???

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    ah.... why do you tell us....what it will NOT be offered with...???
    hehehe
    I think the word "NOT" was a typo. I stumbled upon that too and it looked funny.
    Unless Josh is planning to offer ALL other options but DON'T ask him for 200 and 250 ones. Those are bad luck
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast