I fixed the eyebrows in Red awhile back but they weren't completely gone. Plus she always had that center-line sag that annoyed me. I wanted to try to get the fascia as straight as possible while I had it off and before I painted it.

This was my first attempt.

This did a decent job but it wasn't perfect. I can still see it in this photo.

This is what it looked like at the start of my project. Noticeably raised eyebrows and that dip in the center. Red always looked angry or surprised depending on the angle I saw her from. It drove me nuts.

I thought about running a piece of aluminum across nose but it just proved to be too cumbersome. It really didn't help the dip in the center too much either. So I went with 18 inches of aluminum stock above either light and a piece of angled stock in the center. The piece in the center really helped my grill catches as well. They were pulling out of the fascia. I've got to pick up some washers to back up the remaining rivets.

The clamps across the top are just to keep tension as the glue dries. There isn't anything glued there. The fiberglass support still fits with that aluminum there. It didn't have to be thick to be supportive. The cutouts around the grill catches clears the longer rivets with room to spare. I used a two part epoxy adhesive this time around. It seems to be holding well but I'm going to test it a little better after it's cured a few days in the sun.

I'm a lot happier. It's not laser straight like I've seen some DeLoreans but it's a hell of a lot better than before.