FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Aftermarket Springs

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

For what it's with I had Eibach springs on the front with Spax shocks. It was too low for my taste so I replaced the Eibach spring with stock and simply loaded the trunk with tools. Now I have a set of Eibach springs that I am not using. I paid $400 for them and am considering reasonable offers.

My VIN:    000765

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    Self contained spring/damper units are not feasible on the DeLorean without modification.
    That's pretty much what I figured. I'm sure many will not like it, but I plan on fitting air ride to the car, and a set of low offset wheels, and pretty much sitting it on the ground when parked.

As great as coilovers are, they are a pain to deal with when you ride super low to the ground. Air suspension has come far enough I believe to have a comfortable ride while still allowing the travel.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by h22wut View Post
    That's pretty much what I figured. I'm sure many will not like it, but I plan on fitting air ride to the car, and a set of low offset wheels, and pretty much sitting it on the ground when parked.
    Ask this guy how he did it.

07_0010.jpg

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Hey thats my car... of course air ride is possible and I believe I am the only one so far who has done it on a delorean. If you want the car to sit on the ground like I have it in the picture you will have to make modifications to the car. I ended up doing air ride cause I found that all the lowering springs that are available don't lower the car enough for my satisfaction 1.5 - 2 inches lower max. Coilovers can be done and bolted on easier but then again like stated above its more of a hassle to adjust and once its set your always at that one fixed setting and not really adjustable anymore for convience unless you want to always redo your alingment. If you want coil-overs or air be prepared to spend $$$$ or if you want a quick simple fix then replacement springs are the best choice for the car.

My VIN:    2256

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    I'll probably have another set comissioned in a month or two. I want to make sure I have all my bases covered with regards the occasional car which drops too low, and also to make sure the manufacturer sorts out the tolerance issues I had. The cost is also an issue. I had a happy price point including shipping, now the cost, UK sales' tax and shipping have all gone up.
    If you do happen to make any more of these I would love to be first in line for them before I miss out completely

My VIN:    000765

Quote Originally Posted by BK2DFUTR View Post
    Hey thats my car... of course air ride is possible and I believe I am the only one so far who has done it on a delorean. If you want the car to sit on the ground like I have it in the picture you will have to make modifications to the car. I ended up doing air ride cause I found that all the lowering springs that are available don't lower the car enough for my satisfaction 1.5 - 2 inches lower max. Coilovers can be done and bolted on easier but then again like stated above its more of a hassle to adjust and once its set your always at that one fixed setting and not really adjustable anymore for convience unless you want to always redo your alingment. If you want coil-overs or air be prepared to spend $$$$ or if you want a quick simple fix then replacement springs are the best choice for the car.
    Holy crap this community is freaking awesome! I've been drooling over that picture of your car forever! You have a pm lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5