FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Harbor Freight Thread

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

The Harbor Freight Thread

i liked this thread on the old forum, so i figured it should be resurrected! tell us your experiences with Harbor Freight hardware; great buys, stuff to avoid, etc.

did anyone else hit up the 25% off sale on the 4th of July? i got a 10" Compound Miter Saw that i used to build a custom-size picture frame. it works well so far!

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I've bought lots of great stuff from Harbor Freight.
    Big stuff - Drill press, shop press
    Smaller stuff - sockets, wrenches, punches, specialty drivers, mechanical oil pressure gauge, grease gun and fittings, vacuum bleeder.... I know there's lots more, I just can't remember it all without going home and looking in the garage.

My VIN:    16655

It wasn't picked up at the 25% off 4th sale, but I'm loving the 18V cordless electric impact wrench I picked up a few weeks ago. It's not as powerful as my air-powered one of course, but is much more convenient for quick jobs vs. powering up the compressor and waiting for it to build up pressure, and then having to decompress it after.

is this the product of which you speak?

My VIN:    3299

Their handheld voltmeters like the one John sells worked great for me. $6 and still going strong. All their crimping tools for wiring and their bundles of wire end connectors (male and female spades, loop ends, wire to wire connectors) have all served me well.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Got half a dozen of those neat little LED flashlights that they used to hand out for free with the Sunday newspaper coupon stashed in various places, including one in the armrest bin of the Delorean.

My VIN:    16655

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    is this the product of which you speak?

Yup, that's it. Served me quite well when I was changing out the front springs. I think I paid about $80 for it after the 20% off coupon I had, and it's been well worth it. Only downside is that its battery isn't compatible with a lot of the more common, better tools from other places (Home Depot has a nice 18V set for $80 with a drill & a flashlight) but I might pick up more of HF's rechargeable tools down the line.

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

they were the only place I could find the square sockets for the oil drain plug.

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I got this gauge set and have used it several times of various family cars for AC recharges and service. So far it's holding up well!

While I got this under a different brand name, it's the same vacuum. Not a cheap part and not used very often, it's still cheaper then going to an AC shop. At least that's how I justified the cost.

For something really cheap, I got these valve stem caps. Cheap and look good against my machine finished wheels.

i remember from the old thread some talk about the Rapid Pump 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack:

will this jack fit under a DeLorean? what are your impressions on it?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast