FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Little Lower

My VIN:    5757

A Little Lower

I just had DMC's Eibach springs put in my car. Apparently, my old front springs had been chopped at some point. The rear is definitely lower than before but the front is not as low as I'd like. The picture is the front fender gap after the new springs. My car still has the original shocks. I'd like there to be less daylight in between the fender and tire--maybe inch and a half or so. Do I have any other options to lower the car besides putting in DMCH's performance shocks or some variant? Thanks.

DSC_0228.jpg

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by JRNY13 View Post
    I just had DMC's Eibach springs put in my car. Apparently, my old front springs had been chopped at some point. The rear is definitely lower than before but the front is not as low as I'd like. The picture is the front fender gap after the new springs. My car still has the original shocks. I'd like there to be less daylight in between the fender and tire--maybe inch and a half or so. Do I have any other options to lower the car besides putting in DMCH's performance shocks or some variant? Thanks.

DSC_0228.jpg
    Loosen all of the suspension hardware and re torque with the front end weighted down. Loosen the upper control arm to frame bolt, lower shock bolt and lower control arm to frame mounting point. Put additional weight in the luggage compartment and torque. That is not how a car with a DMCH spring kit should sit.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Loosen all of the suspension hardware and re torque with the front end weighted down. Loosen the upper control arm to frame bolt, lower shock bolt and lower control arm to frame mounting point. Put additional weight in the luggage compartment and torque. That is not how a car with a DMCH spring kit should sit.
    Good to know. I have to say it didn't seem to match all the pictures I've seen over the years with DMCH springs.

I would have to say that half the problem is that the suspension was torqued while hanging on a lift most likely. Have the installer address the problem as listed above and it should be sorted out. Even with stock girlings in the rear it shouldn't be like this.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I just had DMC's Eibach springs put in my car.....The rear is definitely lower than before but the front is not as low as I'd like. The picture is the front fender gap after the new springs.
    Good advice so far in this thread.

Since not all fenders are mounted the same and since not all photos are taken at a fixed angle can you share the front crossmember ride height with us?

With a full tank and no cargo ours is at 5.0 in. or maybe 4.9 in. on the Eibach springs (the shocks play no role in front ride ht.). And the top-of-tire-center tread to top arch of fender is ~1.0 in.

The front end work we've done has all been done as recommended elsewhere in the thread. Loose fit on bushings during assembly, final tightening after the car is down on its suspension. At the shop.

Your clearances may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Good advice so far in this thread.

Since not all fenders are mounted the same and since not all photos are taken at a fixed angle can you share the front crossmember ride height with us?

With a full tank and no cargo ours is at 5.0 in. or maybe 4.9 in. on the Eibach springs (the shocks play no role in front ride ht.). And the top-of-tire-center tread to top arch of fender is ~1.0 in.

The front end work we've done has all been done as recommended elsewhere in the thread. Loose fit on bushings during assembly, final tightening after the car is down on its suspension. At the shop.

Your clearances may vary.
    I will recommend this adjustment to my mechanic. Thanks for the advice.

I've been told the springs may just need to "settle" a little bit. It was recommended that I put weights in the hood over the tires for a few hundred miles and they may assume the right position. Does this sound like a feasible explanation?

I've been told the springs may just need to "settle" a little bit. It was recommended that I put weights in the hood over the tires for a few hundred miles and they may assume the right position. Does this sound like a feasible explanation?
    Nope

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

I have the same set up. It looks like that at first then in about a week you will notice the gap going away.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowmxwheels23 View Post
    I have the same set up. It looks like that at first then in about a week you will notice the gap going away.
    Well I'll be interested to see what happens.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast