FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: LED Tailight kit

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Installed some plasma LEDs today. Very happy with the results. Before you couldn't tell when my tail lights or blinkers were on in the daylight, now it actually is as bright as my daily drivers.

Left tail light has new bulbs, right is old. The blinker and reverse lights aren't on in this picture, and my camera isn't doing the difference justice. In real life the plasma LEDs look very bright and the incandescents are almost impossible to see lit.
    Attachment 46125Attachment 46126
    Agreed it's very tough to tell how good these are from that picture. Where did you get them? Superbright? Have a link?
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Agreed it's very tough to tell how good these are from that picture. Where did you get them? Superbright? Have a link?

Here is a left/right comparison video, again, camera isn't really showing the difference.

Here are the bulbs: http://jlcconcept.com/index.php?rout...duct_id=785219

Coupon code "kittyjlc" gets you 20% off your order.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    4665

Just replaced my DMCH Led brake lights with PUTCO "Plasma" LED 1156. Significantly brighter than DMCH led bulb. Was looking for something brighter for the running lights. These are too bright for running lights (would look like you are driving with your foot on the brake), but they are perfect intensity for brake lights. Expensive. Trying to address similar concern as other poster here...in bright sun my brake lights were hard to see.

Plasma1156x800.jpg

My VIN:    2065

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Just replaced my DMCH Led brake lights with PUTCO "Plasma" LED 1156. Significantly brighter than DMCH led bulb. Was looking for something brighter for the running lights. These are too bright for running lights (would look like you are driving with your foot on the brake), but they are perfect intensity for brake lights. Expensive. Trying to address similar concern as other poster here...in bright sun my brake lights were hard to see.

Plasma1156x800.jpg
    Hope this is not a stupid questioin but can I fit LED's/Plasma bulbs to original tail light circuit boards (with new relay for flashers) or do I need to fit new boards as well?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

You don't need new boards , but it's highly recommended.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    2065

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    You don't need new boards , but it's highly recommended.

Dennis
    Thanks Dennis

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24