FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PAWN STARS on History Channel - Delorean Time Machine - 07/18/13

My VIN:    781

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    Aren't those the same morons who previously knew squat about the DeLorean and did something like spin the tires out? I vaugely remember it being a car a member here ended up buying. If so, not sure how you made it through the shoot without a deminishing IQ. If not, then there are way too many similar reality shows out there.
    Indeed these are the same people. It was VIN 559, which has it's own thread BTW: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?41...ht=CaPTAIN%27S

Looks like DMCs don't get the best treatment on this show. Still, I'm excited to see it!
    When this baby hits 88 miles per hour...your going over the speed limit.

My VIN:    3472 (former)

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Very cool, Bob. I'm very interested to hear what your behind the scenes experience was once it airs. From what I've heard, the pawn shop is basically a tourist attraction with Pawn Stars apparel, then they dress it up like a pawn shop when they film. I'm wondering how much of it is actually still a running pawn shop and how much Rick and the rest actually work the counter and make deals like it appears they do.

Attention Whore

As I prefaced before, Rick is one of the typical people who "know" all the wrong stuff about DeLoreans.
    He really didn't like the car at all, although everyone else was going crazy.

If you have ever been to the pawn shop, it is more of an attraction that an actual pawn shop.
    There are velvet ropes and a security outside with a line wrapping around the block of people waiting to get in.
    Once inside, there is little for sale from the pawn shop.
    What you can't see on the show is the other side of the camera angle where there is a HUGE warehouse of chochkies and crap for sale.
    Everything from dinner plates to t-shirts, spoons, thimbles, bobble-heads, board games and books... all with "PAWN STARS" on it.
    You have never seen anything like it.

As with most people I encounter, I immediately pissed Rick off.
    We were hanging out in the back in between takes and he was showing a crew member a video on his phone of a
    band called "Steel Panther".
    He said, "I'm gonna get these guys to play my wedding!".
    I said, "really? those guys are good friends of mine, they played my wedding at Green Valley Ranch!"
    He looked at me with disdain, "They played YOUR wedding?"
    I guess his ego was deflated because he felt like he was someone special to have this amazing band at his wedding.
    I said, "Yeah, they did it for me for nothing, they are friends of mine, Vinnie Paul was my best man and then Chad Kroger from Nickleback
    came up and sang with us and some members of Lizzy Borden, it was great!"
    He just rolled his eyes and walked off mumbling... "who the fuck is THAT guy?"
    He has a real ego problem that dude.

Well, since I talked so much about this "wedding", if you want to see it, it is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9bctnbZQlk
    However, WARNING!!! There is a lot of dirty language, so it is NOT work or kid friendly!!!

Anyway, I will see you guys here next Thursday!!!

Attention Whore

I thought I would toss in the following jam session after the wedding...
    http://youtu.be/jHd8u2p4RTA

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    As I prefaced before, Rick is one of the typical people who "know" all the wrong stuff about DeLoreans.
    He really didn't like the car at all, although everyone else was going crazy.

If you have ever been to the pawn shop, it is more of an attraction that an actual pawn shop.
    There are velvet ropes and a security outside with a line wrapping around the block of people waiting to get in.
    Once inside, there is little for sale from the pawn shop.
    What you can't see on the show is the other side of the camera angle where there is a HUGE warehouse of chochkies and crap for sale.
    Everything from dinner plates to t-shirts, spoons, thimbles, bobble-heads, board games and books... all with "PAWN STARS" on it.
    You have never seen anything like it.

As with most people I encounter, I immediately pissed Rick off.
    We were hanging out in the back in between takes and he was showing a crew member a video on his phone of a
    band called "Steel Panther".
    He said, "I'm gonna get these guys to play my wedding!".
    I said, "really? those guys are good friends of mine, they played my wedding at Green Valley Ranch!"
    He looked at me with disdain, "They played YOUR wedding?"
    I guess his ego was deflated because he felt like he was someone special to have this amazing band at his wedding.
    I said, "Yeah, they did it for me for nothing, they are friends of mine, Vinnie Paul was my best man and then Chad Kroger from Nickleback
    came up and sang with us and some members of Lizzy Borden, it was great!"
    He just rolled his eyes and walked off mumbling... "who the fuck is THAT guy?"
    He has a real ego problem that dude.

Well, since I talked so much about this "wedding", if you want to see it, it is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9bctnbZQlk
    However, WARNING!!! There is a lot of dirty language, so it is NOT work or kid friendly!!!

Anyway, I will see you guys here next Thursday!!!
    Thats awesome. Videobob ego vs. Pawn Star Rick's ego. EPIC! Well done Bob, you really "one upped" him and I love ya for it!
    1-800-273-8255

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleZeroFilms View Post
    Indeed these are the same people. It was VIN 559, which has it's own thread BTW: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?41...ht=CaPTAIN%27S

Looks like DMCs don't get the best treatment on this show. Still, I'm excited to see it!
    *Snap fingers* That's the one.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

I enjoy watching Pawn Stars, but I keep in mind that what you see on TV is usually completely different from goes on in real life. Good job on putting him in his place Videobob!

Attention Whore

I've done a lot of television, keep in mind that used to produce TV commercials, TV shows, including NWA Wrestling.
    Bottom line is, if it's on TV, it's most likely crap.
    All of these shows are setup way ahead of time.
    The negotiation was genuine, we did several scenes for other episodes with them and we negotiated on other items, etc.
    So I can't comment on that until it airs, but no, people don't just walk in and appear on camera.
    Remember, you have to be wired for a microphone and sign all sorts of forms and releases.
    Until you do that you can't appear on the show.
    So when you watch one of these shows where there are "fights" or whatever... it's fake.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    I've done a lot of television, keep in mind that used to produce TV commercials, TV shows, including NWA Wrestling.
    Bottom line is, if it's on TV, it's most likely crap.
    All of these shows are setup way ahead of time.
    The negotiation was genuine, we did several scenes for other episodes with them and we negotiated on other items, etc.
    So I can't comment on that until it airs, but no, people don't just walk in and appear on camera.
    Remember, you have to be wired for a microphone and sign all sorts of forms and releases.
    Until you do that you can't appear on the show.
    So when you watch one of these shows where there are "fights" or whatever... it's fake.
    If I recall from long ago (I no longer watch TV) I vaugely remember seeing writers in the credits of a 'reality' show. lol

My VIN:    3028

What I can't understand is why they would abandon their pawn shop business and transform it into a knick knack store. I know they are making tons of money now, but eventually the show will run its course.

On another note, when the show first started I liked it because it was like antique roadshow without the snobbery. But now Rick and his son are arrogant know it alls, making the show unwatchable. I prefer Cajun pawn stars as those people seem decent, even though its fake as well.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast