FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PAWN STARS on History Channel - Delorean Time Machine - 07/18/13

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    I cannot talk about the outcome until it airs, but I can warn you that a lot of Delorean supporters might be upset as
    Rick was not kind to the car.
    He got really frustrated with me as I kept correcting him on his "knowledge" of the car, to the point that he stopped the shooting
    and took a break to get briefed on the car.
    Wouldn't you know it, we developed a fuel issue and could not get it started without a little help, then it ran like crap with a high idle.
    Sure, we fixed it AFTER the shoot but it made me and the car look real bad... damn.
    Knowing that, I'm dreading seeing this episode air. Are we going to have another Monster Garage on our hands?

Bob, why did you even bother doing the show in the first place? This isn't the first time they've had a DeLorean on Pawn Stars, and they weren't kind to it then either. When they're that mis-informed about the car and the man, it's obvious that they're the kind of people who no matter what you correct them on about the true history of it all; for them it will always be John Z. was a drug dealer, and the DMC-12 is a piece of crap. The Stupid Comment of the Day thread alone proves that. And bringing them a BTTF "replica" DeLorean in my opinion only makes it worse. Now if you had the actual screen-used DeLorean, maybe Rick and his crew would consider it more valuable and unique.

I just wish that some DeLorean owners would try and do a little bit a research on these shows and the personalities starring in them before they commit to actually doing it. Jesse James and Monster Garage, and potentially now this? The last thing the DeLorean needs is more bad publicity and incorrect information getting out there; especially on a show as popular as Pawn Stars.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by martydmc12 View Post
    Knowing that, I'm dreading seeing this episode air. Are we going to have another Monster Garage on our hands?

Bob, why did you even bother doing the show in the first place? This isn't the first time they've had a DeLorean on Pawn Stars, and they weren't kind to it then either. When they're that mis-informed about the car and the man, it's obvious that they're the kind of people who no matter what you correct them on about the true history of it all; for them it will always be John Z. was a drug dealer, and the DMC-12 is a piece of crap. The Stupid Comment of the Day thread alone proves that. And bringing them a BTTF "replica" DeLorean in my opinion only makes it worse. Now if you had the actual screen-used DeLorean, maybe Rick and his crew would consider it more valuable and unique.

I just wish that some DeLorean owners would try and do a little bit a research on these shows and the personalities starring in them before they commit to actually doing it. Jesse James and Monster Garage, and potentially now this? The last thing the DeLorean needs is more bad publicity and incorrect information getting out there; especially on a show as popular as Pawn Stars.
    I'm inclined to agree with you but one thing holds me back....A true DeLorean owner or enthusiast doesn't really give a flying crap what anyone thinks, especially 3 fat ass know it alls. After all if we were worried about other's opinions we would all be in powder blue Camrys or Desert sand Accords. Let them have all the fun they want running down DeLorean in a cloud of their own ignorance. They make a ton of money so they can afford to be both wrong and stupid on camera. If you ask me, I think they get briefed on every item they show on yet another scripted reality show. I used to watch it simply because I liked seeing the items come in the shop, but about a year ago I got screwed by a pawn shop purchase here and the owner looks a lot like Rick(only fatter and uglier), so its hard for me to watch it anymore without thinking about that.

I hate seeing Rick start telling the owner about some item he has brought in the shop, even when the owner clearly knows exactly what he has and could do a better and more accurate job describing it than Rick....I suspect the same thing will happen with the DeLorean. Rick will be talking up a storm of freshly briefed info and videobob will be there nodding his head as if saying "ohhhh I didn't know that, tell me more oh wise one".

I will catch the segment on YouTube, I can't handle the entire show.

Another prediction...Chum Lee will say "awesome", Cory will make a bunch of lame jokes, and Rick will offer 25k for it.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Another prediction...Chum Lee will say "awesome", Cory will make a bunch of lame jokes, and Rick will offer 25k for it.
    correction, Rick will offer $15k for it. he loves offering a low-ball.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Attention Whore

You guys are still a little high.... the offer was pathetic.

My VIN:    5312, (860 sold)

I like to watch the show but it seems kinda obvious it's staged. How in the hell in Vegas has all these one off,
    Like a med kit from the civil war in perfect shape? It's suff like that all the time and I just don't get it.
    Also why would you take that valuable stuff to a pawn shop where people don't give u shit for it anyways.
    Everybody knows that.

Attention Whore

I wouldn't say it is "staged", but the meetings are per-arranged.
    All you have to do is email them from their website and tell them about what you have and if they like it they will let you come in.
    They don't pay for your travel or anything, if you show up, your in.
    The negotiation is real and the money is real.
    I actually did several episodes with them all in one day and one of the items was sold and they paid me in CASH.
    So it is a real business and pawn shop but honestly it's a rinky dink operation.
    The waiting room for us was that room Rick does his interviews in, with all the guitars on the shelves behind him...
    The warehouse is stocked with T-Shirts and some of their inventory.
    It was a lot of fun.

Why did I do it?
    It's a hit show that over 6 million people watch per week and I run a business where I sell exotic cars.
    Do I really need to explain this?

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Why did I do it?
    It's a hit show that over 6 million people watch per week and I run a business where I sell exotic cars.
    Do I really need to explain this?
    No you don't have to explain it at all, Bob. We all know that you're a fame-whore, and that you have a business that you're trying to promote. But what sense does it make to do "that show" when you know that they're not fans of DeLorean's to begin in. You're an editor, you know they're going to spin it to make you and the car look bad. Then to have your car break down on top of that. How on earth will this help you when they make you and your car look bad? And don't try and sell us on that even bad publicity is good publicity, because it's not.

Granted, I should be more open towards this until the show actually airs to see what Rick and his cronies actually say and do. But from what you've been feeding us so far Bob, it all sounds bad. Rick offering you less than $15 k is just another piece of bad media coverage that us other DeLorean owners now have to contend with. That, and I'm sure all the DMC franchises and PJ Grady will appreciate all the phone calls and emails from people who want to buy at DeLorean for less that $10 k, because those guys on Pawn Stars said it was worth that much.
    Last edited by martydmc12; 07-14-2013 at 11:39 PM.

My VIN:    10186

You guys are still a little high.... the offer was pathetic.
    Would you honestly expect to get the 60k or more you wanted from it? you never get what your stuff is worth from them.
    looking forward to having 10186 restored in the near future.

My VIN:    3060

VideoBob doesn't want a fair price as that's not why he's on the show. He admitted as much himself. He is on there to get his face on TV and to advertise his business. If he was actually trying to use these as legitimate sales avenues for his cars, he would have learned his lesson with the low price that he got on Auction Kings. To him as a business owner, this is just the cost of advertising and marketing. He can sell a car for half the value on TV if that means new customers call him for cars because they saw him on the show.

While it is a legitimate business strategy, it still doesn't make him less of a whore.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast