FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Another Fender Bender

  1. #1
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,076

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Another Fender Bender

    Thought it was texsix's car at first, but looks to be another one in Cali

    a9a319ca54d111e3ae19124868a8b882_8.jpg

    anyone on here?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  2. #2
    Senior Member WelmoedJ's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Purmerend, Netherlands

    Posts:    747

    My VIN:    06513

    Club(s):   (DCN)

    My friend Tom's car.
    A truck driver passed him at the right hand side, looking at the car.

    While looking he steered to the left and pushed Tom's car right in front of an oncoming Toyota.
    The result is in the photo.
    His happy Thanksgiving
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,076

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Hope Tom was OK
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  4. #4
    Senior Member DrJeff's Avatar
    Join Date:  Feb 2012

    Location:  Houston TX

    Posts:    591

    My VIN:    6313

    Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    My friend Tom's car.
    A truck driver passed him at the right hand side, looking at the car.

    While looking he steered to the left and pushed Tom's car right in front of an oncoming Toyota.
    The result is in the photo.
    His happy Thanksgiving
    I had something similar last Saturday... Without the crash. Truck beside me, speeds up, slows down, hangs behind me for several minutes and then comes up beside me for a moment... While beside me he starts drifting into my lane until he's 50% in and I'm steering onto the hard shoulder to avoid him. I honk and then he straightens up and speeds off. Thankfully it was a large wide road.

    The Delorean takes defensive driving to the next level.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

  5. #5
    Senior Member Notifier's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Cecilton (Eastern Shore), Maryland

    Posts:    321

    My VIN:    802

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    The Delorean takes defensive driving to the next level.
    Exactly. I am so much more aware of the people besides me when I'm driving the DeLorean. If someone is passing me or I'm passing them, I keep an eye on them. And watch that distance in case they start drifting my way. If they hang out next to me or in my blind spot too long I slow down considerably or speed up to get them out of there. Never let anyone pace besides you!

  6. #6
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,455

    My VIN:    I respect my vin enough not to whore it out among the masses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    Exactly. I am so much more aware of the people besides me when I'm driving the DeLorean. If someone is passing me or I'm passing them, I keep an eye on them. And watch that distance in case they start drifting my way. If they hang out next to me or in my blind spot too long I slow down considerably or speed up to get them out of there. Never let anyone pace besides you!
    If I see someone speeding, bunny hopping lanes, and basically being an ass to catch up to me, I pick up the pace and right about the time they get to my 7 o'clock I hit the brakes. One guy actually tried to out brake me, but he had someone behind him and almost caused an accident. I have even went as far as just pulling over and letting the rubberneckers go on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an ass, I have no problem with people wanting to look, but when you risk an accident just for a damn Facebook picture "look what I saw today..like it!", then I do whatever I can to discourage it. I can guarantee if these types run you off the road or cause an accident, they will run, so I just remove the temptation by slowing down or pulling over.

    I guess the question here is, did the trucker stop?
    Last edited by Michael; 12-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

  7. #7
    Senior Member MML's Avatar
    Join Date:  Sep 2011

    Location:  County Donegal, Ireland

    Posts:    692

    My VIN:    5436

    Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    I had something similar last Saturday... Without the crash. Truck beside me, speeds up, slows down, hangs behind me for several minutes and then comes up beside me for a moment... While beside me he starts drifting into my lane until he's 50% in and I'm steering onto the hard shoulder to avoid him. I honk and then he straightens up and speeds off. Thankfully it was a large wide road.

    The Delorean takes defensive driving to the next level.
    That's exactly the kind of crap I hate. I had someone drive alongside me once, in the wrong lane, just to take pictures. Then they decided to swerve in front of me without warning. A passenger once commented on how paranoid I was driving the D, well it's no fecking wonder!!!
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

  8. #8
    Senior Member DL4567's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  GA

    Posts:    761

    My VIN:    5302

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    A truck driver passed him at the right hand side, looking at the car. While looking he steered to the left and pushed Tom's car right in front of an oncoming Toyota.
    Wow, AWESOME. So the truck driver was like, "hey I'm gonna check out your cool car, AND PUSH IT INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC!"

    I'd go apeshit.... probably push that truck driver into some oncoming death.

    ....but no seriously, I hope Tom's ok.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

  9. #9
    Re-Member TEXSIX's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Katy, Texas

    Posts:    25

    My VIN:    01393

    another one !!!!

    Let's hope it's not a trend. It sure is a crappy way to end a year. Hope that one can be fixed and back on the road. Good luck to everyone else.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2013

    Location:  Seattle, WA

    Posts:    305

    My VIN:    3060

    I hope insurance will cover that LFF. That wouldn't be fun to pay out of pocket.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •