FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: DeLorean Car Projects website refreshed

  1. #1
    Senior Member WelmoedJ's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Purmerend, Netherlands

    Posts:    747

    My VIN:    06513

    Club(s):   (DCN)

    DeLorean Car Projects website refreshed

    Our website (deloreancarprojects.com) is totally refreshed and updated.
    This is the place to find special products and accessories.
    The manufacturers we represent are DCP (Netherlands), McKeen's DM-Eng. (USA) and DeLoreanA (Poland)
    You will find the various products grouped by manufacturer.

    May we invite you to browse our renewed website?
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

  2. #2
    Senior Member jwrayth's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2012

    Location:  UK

    Posts:    207

    My VIN:    4494

    Club(s):  

    I'm using Chrome and keep finding that the sidebar on the left doesn't respond after going through certain pages. E.g. Go to the site, click dm-eng to bring up their products, click dm-eng logo again, observe it "pushes" the sidebar down. It is repeatable 100%.

    I love the idea of the site but I think you could improve the navigation/usability greatly... but then I spend all day Programming UI's so perhaps I'm just fussy :P

  3. #3
    Senior Member WelmoedJ's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Purmerend, Netherlands

    Posts:    747

    My VIN:    06513

    Club(s):   (DCN)

    Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post
    I'm using Chrome and keep finding that the sidebar on the left doesn't respond after going through certain pages. E.g. Go to the site, click dm-eng to bring up their products, click dm-eng logo again, observe it "pushes" the sidebar down. It is repeatable 100%.

    I love the idea of the site but I think you could improve the navigation/usability greatly... but then I spend all day Programming UI's so perhaps I'm just fussy :P
    Thanks for your input.
    There always are flaws to pay attention to and try repair.

    I haven't checked Chrome's behavior as I am not using that browser.
    Sometimes even IE behaves badly, but I'm used to the MS browser.

    I'll take a sharper look at the programming.
    Hopefully I can detect the flaw and get rid of it.
    Until that moment, we'll have to "live" with it.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

  4. #4
    Senior Member WelmoedJ's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Purmerend, Netherlands

    Posts:    747

    My VIN:    06513

    Club(s):   (DCN)

    Quote Originally Posted by jwrayth View Post
    I'm using Chrome and keep finding that the sidebar on the left doesn't respond after going through certain pages. E.g. Go to the site, click dm-eng to bring up their products, click dm-eng logo again, observe it "pushes" the sidebar down. It is repeatable 100%.

    I love the idea of the site but I think you could improve the navigation/usability greatly... but then I spend all day Programming UI's so perhaps I'm just fussy :P
    Further to this remark:

    I've been hunting down the bugger and killed it
    No Chrome specific issue, merely a flaw caused by copying an exsisting menu and making changes.
    By overlooking certain obsolete but still present links you encountered this navigation errors (more than one to be precise).

    Again, thanks for your observations.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  South Texas

    Posts:    849

    PM Sent!

    LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

    John Z. De Lorean

  6. #6
    Senior Member rdarlington's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2013

    Location:  Los Alamos, NM

    Posts:    266

    My VIN:    10904

    Hrm, the site does not scale properly. I increased the font size for my 39 year old eyes and the left menu got bigger but was obscured by the stuff next to it.

    -Bob

  7. #7
    Senior Member WelmoedJ's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Purmerend, Netherlands

    Posts:    747

    My VIN:    06513

    Club(s):   (DCN)

    Quote Originally Posted by rdarlington View Post
    Hrm, the site does not scale properly. I increased the font size for my 39 year old eyes and the left menu got bigger but was obscured by the stuff next to it.

    -Bob
    Thank for the info, Bob.
    Haven't meant the site to be able to scale.

    The site has been developed to work at the old 800x600 dpi, no scaling.
    Nowadays resolutions are much higher and people tend to set the large screens at max res.

    FYI: My eyes are 70 yrs of age and I still can read what's on screen (fortunately).
    Over the years I have increased the size of my screens (starting at 12"-800x600, now 24"-1920x1200).
    Will stay there.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

  8. #8
    Senior Member rdarlington's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2013

    Location:  Los Alamos, NM

    Posts:    266

    My VIN:    10904

    Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    Thank for the info, Bob.
    Haven't meant the site to be able to scale.

    The site has been developed to work at the old 800x600 dpi, no scaling.
    Nowadays resolutions are much higher and people tend to set the large screens at max res.

    FYI: My eyes are 70 yrs of age and I still can read what's on screen (fortunately).
    Over the years I have increased the size of my screens (starting at 12"-800x600, now 24"-1920x1200).
    Will stay there.
    I too enjoy building websites like it's still 1994, but I can't expect anybody but me to look at them if they're not following modern best practices. Best of luck to ya.

    -Bob

  9. #9
    Senior Member eagle-co94's Avatar
    Join Date:  Dec 2011

    Location:  Bloomington, IN

    Posts:    874

    My VIN:    891, 1045

    I'm still holding out hope that your wheel project will grow wings and take off! Is there any news on that front?
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2013

    Location:  Seattle, WA

    Posts:    305

    My VIN:    3060

    Quote Originally Posted by rdarlington View Post
    I too enjoy building websites like it's still 1994, but I can't expect anybody but me to look at them if they're not following modern best practices. Best of luck to ya.

    -Bob
    Exactly... a site in 2013 designed for 800x600 on Internet Explorer... Next you will have to put one of those animated "Under Construction" guys...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •