FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Custom DeLorean Dashboard Clock

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    Does anyone know what is the best option to replace a non-functioning stock Delorean Clock?
    The Yoda clock, so named for the DMCTalk username of the builder/vendor in Germany, is a very good option. I bought and installed mine 2 yrs ago to replace the original console clock in my early-VIN car.

It's still working fine. Here's a link to the original thread posted about it.

Better than original since it:
    - Keeps time very accurately
    - Has an internal coin cell battery that keeps the time set correctly even if the car battery dies or is disconnected

Also has the VFD-dim feature slaved from the headlight switch, same as OE. Summary of selected info from the linked thread:
    The kit includes the body of the clock with an OE-style green VFD plus the circuitry and full instructions w/photos. It's plug-and-play. You reuse the plastic cover and the black plastic case underneath the clock. I polished my cover with 3-stage plastic polish to remove the scratches while it was out.
    Clock has an OE-style 4-wire plug with connectors on the pigtail. There's an option to buy new time-set pins which I didn't need since my original 2 pins were OK.

Send Yoda a PM for info/ordering.

Mods: maybe move this question/answer to the linked thread?
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The Yoda clock, so named for the DMCTalk username of the builder/vendor in Germany, is a very good option. I bought and installed mine 2 yrs ago to replace the original console clock in my early-VIN car.

It's still working fine. Here's a link to the original thread posted about it.

Better than original since it:
    - Keeps time very accurately
    - Has an internal coin cell battery that keeps the time set correctly even if the car battery dies or is disconnected

Also has the VFD-dim feature slaved from the headlight switch, same as OE. Summary of selected info from the linked thread:
    The kit includes the body of the clock with an OE-style green VFD plus the circuitry and full instructions w/photos. It's plug-and-play. You reuse the plastic cover and the black plastic case underneath the clock. I polished my cover with 3-stage plastic polish to remove the scratches while it was out.
    Clock has an OE-style 4-wire plug with connectors on the pigtail. There's an option to buy new time-set pins which I didn't need since my original 2 pins were OK.

Send Yoda a PM for info/ordering.

Mods: maybe move this question/answer to the linked thread?

I did the same last week. Agree 100%!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7