Seen them in this thread a few pages back but never saw them in the stores - well saw others in the series but never a D
Location: Atlanta OTP GA
Posts: 7,085
My VIN: 2743
Club(s): (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)
Seen them in this thread a few pages back but never saw them in the stores - well saw others in the series but never a D
Dermot
VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320
I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans
http://www.will-to-live.org
No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"
Yep, I saw one and bought it.
Red
VIN 4534
Born - October 1981
Brought back to life - July 2011
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 481
My VIN: 4692
They made it up here, Canadians. They should be everywhere now.
Same here. Not a single DeLorean to be seen.
Red
VIN 4534
Born - October 1981
Brought back to life - July 2011
Location: 38.09080 N 23.8005 E
Posts: 2,038
My VIN: MMMMMCMXCII
here absolutely no Hotwheel Deloreans in Greece. They bring in all the other crap
So I ordered a couple from the UK.
To my VERY PLEASANT surprise, Dangermouse was thoughtful enough and kind to send me a couple off his collection. Not many can say that
CHEERS MATE!
So I'll add some photos as soon as the UK ones arrive. Giving me a complete set.
VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)
Location: Sacramento-ish
Posts: 4,408
My VIN: 02100
Club(s): (NCDMC) (DCUK)
Hey man - did you happen to see my earlier post (#300, http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?85...l=1#post122946) - gave you a little shout-out in there![]()
Jon
1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
restoration log, March 2011 to present
full and detailed photo restoration log
Location: 38.09080 N 23.8005 E
Posts: 2,038
My VIN: MMMMMCMXCII
VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)
Location: Sacramento-ish
Posts: 4,408
My VIN: 02100
Club(s): (NCDMC) (DCUK)
Jon
1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
restoration log, March 2011 to present
full and detailed photo restoration log
Walmart is a lost cause until after Christmas anyway. The thing is Walmart puts out these huge cardboard boxes, apporx. 3'x4'x4' tall. Sometime divided into 3 sections, sometimes not. ALL of the new arrivals get poured into this big box and there is no way to look through them unless you just start digging and making a spectacle of yourself. Now multiply me by all the other people looking for some certain car and you get where I'm going with this....they are all bent all to crap. Some of the boxes are so bent up and torn they will not even hold a shape(I bet the collectors love this) As far as I'm concerned, this is just a lazy way to display your product, but most of these will be bought up for stocking stuffers, etc. so the box condition is not important to a 6 yr. old who will just open it up to play with it. Of all the nerve, playing with toys!
If the actual shelves are low or empty, some of the next batch may or may not make it to the shelf, but the chances that a DeLorean will be up there are low. Now with that said, I have been lucky enough to scoop up about 12 so far. I will sift through the top layers of the "big lazy box" and come up with a few, but I will not dumpster dive to get them. I drive by about 4 different Walmarts a week during my route, so I usually will hit a fresh batch and get to pick through them and come up with one or two.