FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Should Sean continue deleting posts and locking threads?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean should stop deleting posts and locking threads

    12 21.43%
  • I'm ok with Sean locking threads, just stop deleting posts

    4 7.14%
  • I'm ok with Sean deleting posts, just stop locking threads

    0 0%
  • I have no problem with Sean's locking and deleting of posts

    38 67.86%
  • Drop it and close the thread already!

    2 3.57%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: Petition to get Sean from closing threads he doesn't like

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    921 - 50 = 871; 871/921 = .9457111835
    * ~95% of the members don't give a rats arse.
    Those members are to afraid to vote. They probably think their accounts will be "erased from existence" if they vote truthfully.

  2. #52
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Those members are to afraid to vote. They probably think their accounts will be "erased from existence" if they vote truthfully.
    Hey it worked on bill, right? Oh wait
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  3. #53
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Those members are to afraid to vote. They probably think their accounts will be "erased from existence" if they vote truthfully.
    ....don't they get 17 virgins with that!?!

  4. #54
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Only 2% don't care? Seems low.
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 10-19-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  5. #55
    DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Los Angeles / Chicago

    Posts:    643

    My VIN:    11474

    Interesting thread.

    Let me say this, I have complete faith in what Sean and Mike do as Moderators of this forum. The forum was started originally on my site (www.entermyworld.com) by my brother and myself. When it grew we moved it to dmctalk.

    My brother brought on Sean and Mike to help with moderating duties several years ago, and although my brother is no longer involved in the forum, I don't believe the moderating style has changed drastically.

    Nothing is perfect in this world, and we all know the internet and the way people communicate on it can sometimes be like the wild west. But at the end of the day if you are on here it is because you want to discuss one thing, and that is DeLoreans. So let's continue to focus on that.

    Tamir
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

  6. #56
    I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Tulsa, OK

    Posts:    393

    My VIN:    2399

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    For the record, been hanging out with Captain Carbeuretor (Bill R.) this weekend. Despite repeated statements that his password is not revoked, he cannot log in. I have this screenshotted.
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

  7. #57
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by tyb323 View Post
    For the record, been hanging out with Captain Carbeuretor (Bill R.) this weekend. Despite repeated statements that his password is not revoked, he cannot log in. I have this screenshotted.
    why does it show your username in the vBulletin error message?
    Last edited by Ron; 10-23-2011 at 01:44 AM.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by tyb323 View Post
    For the record, been hanging out with Captain Carbeuretor (Bill R.) this weekend. Despite repeated statements that his password is not revoked, he cannot log in. I have this screenshotted.
    I think I know what happened. At work our Novel accounts get locked if you try to login with the wrong password more than three times. Once the account us locked the user has to call the helpdesk to have their account unlocked.

    Several pranksters at work figured this out and sometimes use this to screw with people. Basically they find out a persons login name and attempt to login with it three times. The account gets locked and the poor victim has to call the helpdesk. This used to happen frequently at work.

    Sean and mike have repeatedly said they didn't do anything to Bill's account. Bill has repeatedly said he can't login. I'm wondering if someone tried guessing Bill's password and managed to lock the account.

  9. #59
    DMCTalk.org's #2 Mike C.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Huntersville, NC

    Posts:    1,402

    My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    why does it show your username in the vBulletin error message?

    That's what I was wondering....


    Tyler, I saw your post this morning and just now reset his password for login. I tested the login and it works just fine. Please tell him to check his email for his new login information. Just an FYI, on my admin control board, his old password was still blanked out, meaning it was never changed. I do not know why he could not log in. I know for a fact the account is up and does work.

    Hopefully this will eliminate any further speculation that Sean, myself, or Tamir are sabotaging Bill's account.


    -Mike

    P.S. for the record, if anything like this ever happens again, PLEASE everyone do NOT speculate, and just send me a PM, or have the person email me directly.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

    Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

  10. #60
    DMCTalk.org's #2 Mike C.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Huntersville, NC

    Posts:    1,402

    My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I think I know what happened. At work our Novel accounts get locked if you try to login with the wrong password more than three times. Once the account us locked the user has to call the helpdesk to have their account unlocked.

    Several pranksters at work figured this out and sometimes use this to screw with people. Basically they find out a persons login name and attempt to login with it three times. The account gets locked and the poor victim has to call the helpdesk. This used to happen frequently at work.

    Sean and mike have repeatedly said they didn't do anything to Bill's account. Bill has repeatedly said he can't login. I'm wondering if someone tried guessing Bill's password and managed to lock the account.


    It's a good possibility people were trying to be funny and hack his account. Im not sure it would do a permanent lock out, but it is possible. I've never tried to purposely repeatedly access an account, but it is a good suggestion. I will try it later on today with our test account to see if it does a perma-ban after a few attempts.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

    Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •