Jesus loved to party. Just think about it. Almost every good story was when he was at a party.
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Jesus loved to party. Just think about it. Almost every good story was when he was at a party.
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Andrew, it looks like it was in an accident or at some point over the years someone hit it with a snowplow or something.20211113_125349.jpg20211113_131131.jpg
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Wow, crazy that you found a frame so close! Aside from being a home for squirrels, what's the story here? It looks pretty good except for the tower. Did this guy do a frame swap?
Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Andy Lien
VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023
Photography and Backpacking is life.
Was Fargo, ND
Now Kansas City
I see the lower ball joint is sheared off on the lower control arm. Maybe that caused the accident?
Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Andy Lien
VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023
Photography and Backpacking is life.
Was Fargo, ND
Now Kansas City
No he bought it of Grady way back many years ago for cheap "Just in case I ever needed it" as he said. It has just been sitting outside behind his mom's house for like 15 years.
Basically after I got my DeLorean a month or so ago I was like a bloodhound tracking down anyone in the state that had every owned a DeLorean. This guy lived right near by and it turns out that he just randomly had a spare frame.
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Another weird coincidence, this guy that I got the frame from has an 82 also but his is an auto. Pretty nice car.20211113_122631.jpg20211113_122006.jpg
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
One thing that didn't make sense to me is that the pull straps were on the door handles. Wouldn't that mean it is a 1981?
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yesterday the wife did the following work on the car- changed the fuel filter (twice because the first one leaked like a sieve), removed the intake parts to check for block rot on the top of the engine, Cleaned the top of the engine block, hooked everything back up and tried to get the car to start.
Found more rust damage to the frame. I am really glad that I found a replacement frame. 20211113_152801.jpg20211113_155015.jpg20211113_183409.jpg20211113_191031.jpg20211113_191048.jpg
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
We couldn't get the car to start still. I DID NOT change the accumulator. I looked up in there and said "No way!" This car is getting a total frame off restoration so I don't think I should be disturbing the accumulator right now.
If I push down the airflow plate down a few times with the fuel pump running the car will try to start. What should I do next? What about the WUR? Does that send more fuel during start up?
How do I troubleshoot this?20211113_182941.jpg
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Do you have a K-Jet fuel pressure gauge that can read both primary pressure and control pressure? That's job #1.
You are already familiar with jumping the fuel pump and pressing on the air plate it seems. Have you tried a spray pattern check on the injectors? Also compare volume of fuel delivered per injector. Likely due to all the other clues on this car that you need new injectors anyway.
Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Andy Lien
VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023
Photography and Backpacking is life.
Was Fargo, ND
Now Kansas City