FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 25 of 193 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #241
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    The wife and I spent three hours going through the parts we bought at D-ind. We printed the quote from D-Ind and marked off thing as we found them. The proved to be easier said than done. A lot of the parts were in boxes with other unrelated parts with no explanation of what was what. After some messaging back and forth with Josh we had some of the mysteries solved. It looks like most everything is there and accounted for. One thing missing is two of the aluminum heating pipes. I let Josh know and he said that he is going to check his stock to see if the missing pieces are there.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #242
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I made a list and went to H.F.
    I bought a engine load leveler, a engine stand, and some jack stands that go up 22" and have rubber tops.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  3. #243
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Got to work on the car for a whole 30 minutes today.
    Removed the fuel accumulator out of the old frame.
    Murphy's law at work in my life. I figured for sure that the accumulator mounting bolts would snap off in the frame but since I have a replacement frame I didn't care. Well,...of course they all came right out easy.

    Fittings are all badly corroded. Since my new fuel lines are all SS now I am kind of wondering if I can buy SS fittings to replaced the OEM mild steel ones.
    Otherwise I will just replace or re-plate these ones.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #244
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I also sorted out some of my parts that are getting plated or painted. Some parts, like the front spindles, it is hard decide whether to plate or paint.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #245
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Today I stopped by the local hydraulic hose shop to see what they had for new fittings. They had the special 90 degree connector and ferrul nut for my fuel accumulator but didn't have the more simple 90 degree connector for the fuel filter which I thought was kind of strange. I thought it was interesting that the new adapter has a o ring inside it. Should make it seal better I'd think. I asked if the o ring was fuel proof and they said it was.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #246
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I found this stainless steel 90 degree connector for the fuel filter on Amaz. Looks pretty sweet. I guess we will see. My stock fuel filter holder is rusted and pitted. I think I will try to find something better for a fuel filter holder.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  7. #247
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I also sorted out some of my parts that are getting plated or painted. Some parts, like the front spindles, it is hard decide whether to plate or paint.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    My thought regarding "plate versus powder coat" was if the part could possibly affect brake disc runout, I plated it rather than powder coat it, thinking the plating is a thinner application and more likely to be applied evenly. I don't know how critical that is and I've been told many people have powder coated everything but I had some brake vibration I wanted to be sure I eliminated so that's what I did.
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

  8. #248
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I found this stainless steel 90 degree connector for the fuel filter on Amaz. Looks pretty sweet. I guess we will see. My stock fuel filter holder is rusted and pitted. I think I will try to find something better for a fuel filter holder.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    The fuel filter mounting band is readily available from the vendors (cheap, too) and you could get it powder coated for nice long life. I didn't do that but I might still do it before it gets too dirty.
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

  9. #249
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    More parts showed up today.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #250
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Stainless steel fitting for fuel filter showed up also.
    It is really nice but there is an issue.....the fitting is not tapered thread. Although on the other hand I think I could install a o-ring between the fitting and the fuel filter. Or a copper ring.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Page 25 of 193 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •