FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 26 of 193 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #251
    Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2022

    Posts:    34

    Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    Chris Nicholson can fix that quarter panel right up and you'll never know it afterwards

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    How to contact Chris?

  2. #252
    Senior Member 82DMC12's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Olathe, KS

    Posts:    1,973

    My VIN:    11596

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Stainless steel fitting for fuel filter showed up also.
    It is really nice but there is an issue.....the fitting is not tapered thread. Although on the other hand I think I could install a o-ring between the fitting and the fuel filter. Or a copper ring.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    That elbow is still available NOS (and with taper thread). I would get that NOS elbow and then get the flex line that replaces the hard line between the accumulator and the fuel filter like I did.
    Andy Lien

    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

    Photography and Backpacking is life.

    Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

  3. #253
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    That elbow is still available NOS (and with taper thread). I would get that NOS elbow and then get the flex line that replaces the hard line between the accumulator and the fuel filter like I did.
    I have the new braided flex line already I think.
    I could always just blast and replate the stock fitting I suppose.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #254
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Finally started to get my heated parts cleaner/degreaser and vapor blaster set up at the shop (on the mezzanine)

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #255
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    The hose in the vapor blaster exits the pump pointing towards the operator but then takes a 90 degree turn towards the rear of the cabinet which has caused the hose to get kinked. I am going to cut back the hose and install a 3/4" brass street 90.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #256
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Got the vapor blaster set up, filled with water, and discovered a cracked bulkhead fitting. Pretty frustrating since this looks like it is epoxied onto the plastic cabinet. Luckily this fitting is usually at to water line. Also I put a hose clamp around the fitting which reduced it to a slow drip for now.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  7. #257
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Checked around town for fine glass blasting media. All I could find is 80 GR at HF.
    I was impatient and wanted to try thr thing out so I took the 80GR media out of my dry blaster figuring maybe it was so beat up at this point that maybe it was fine and not 80GR anymore.
    Well unfortunately it was still to course. So I didn't get a nice semi-gloss finish. Instead the results on aluminum and brass pretty much looked like they did in my dry booth (go figure).
    So the whole machine need to be drained, media removed, cleaned out. What a pain.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #258
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I had to order the media so no wet blasting for a while. Shifted focus to getting the new parts cleaner set up. I feel bad about the gross parts I am going to send through this thing. I think that the previous owner either never used it or just used it to final clean parts that had already been pre-cleaned.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #259
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Now that I got the correct grit media the vapor blaster is working awesome!!
    I did have to take some media out though because I was getting media into the clean water system. Makes it really hard to see through thr window in the machine when slurry is spraying out of the window washer nozzles.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #260
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Tried my hand at plating parts again.
    I am really getting frustrated and discouraged with this. It is very time consuming waiting for everything to get to temperature, prepping thr parts, hanging all the parts, figuring out the correct settings for the power source, trying to not breath in or get on you these nasty chemicals.
    Kind of wishing we just sent our stuff out to be plated. I may still end up just doing that.

    Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Page 26 of 193 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •