FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 112 of 193 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1111
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    This is all new territory to me.
    Electrical box pulled out.

    Picture of how I found it.

    One overload jumpered (cooling fans??).

    This relay cover popped off. Not sure what this does. Lambda relay??

    Tam was bored so I let her get in to clean and disinfect the area. She wore a respirator and gloves and told me I should do the same.



    Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #1112
    Senior Member GS450-Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Mosinee, Wis.

    Posts:    646

    My VIN:    00778 and 2312. Formerly 06770, 4923.

    I think the green one is rear defrost. A little dab of glue for that cover to go back on.

  3. #1113
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Tray emptied of relays, fuse block, and wiring


    Tam blasted and painted the tray.

    I dug out the relay/fuse kit I had bought from D-Ind.

    I climbed back in the torture chamber and started cleaning wiring, relay blocks, etc.

    A couple of the fuses came out pretty hard.

    One fuse was a bit melted.



    Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #1114
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by GS450-Junkie View Post
    I think the green one is rear defrost. A little dab of glue for that cover to go back on.
    That makes sense...probably has a timer circuit built in.

    Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #1115
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    The new overloads I got from had studs instead of slide on connections.

    One end of these says "batt" and the other says "aux". Basically line and load. I'm not sure if the orientation is that critical or not. I matched the orientation of the overloads with the old ones. Hopefully I'm good with how I have them wired.
    The ring connectors are a bit more of a pain to deal with but are highly recommend over the spade connector ones.


    Things going back together. All relays got dielectric grease on the terminals.



    Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #1116
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I retaped the wiring. Everything back together.
    Anyone know what the relay base with no relay in it and what the relay base randomly part way up the harness go to? Maybe stuff for automatic transmission cars?

    My notes on the overloads.

    While I was doing this Tam installed the injectors and D-Ind injector retainers.




    Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 05-15-2024 at 10:07 PM.

  7. #1117
    Senior Member AugustneverEnds's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2012

    Location:  Syracuse, NY area

    Posts:    1,059

    My VIN:    10287

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I retaped the wiring. Everything back together.
    Anyone know what the relay base with no relay in it and what the relay base randomly part way up the harness go to? Maybe stuff for automatic transmission cars?

    My notes on the overloads.

    While I was doing this Tam installed the injectors and D-Ind injector retainers.




    Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk
    The one relay you're missing is the interior light delay for the courtesy lights. The random socket towards the rear is for a hot start relay. When the cars were new they were not equipped with anything installed there.
    Nick A.

    1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

  8. #1118
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    The one relay you're missing is the interior light delay for the courtesy lights. The random socket towards the rear is for a hot start relay. When the cars were new they were not equipped with anything installed there.
    So those wires are ran but not used for anything?

    Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #1119
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,604

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    So those wires are ran but not used for anything?

    Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk
    I think they copied what Volvo did. After I designed my hot start relay, someone found a Volvo hot start relay and sent it to me. It basically did what I designed but it modulates the CSV.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  10. #1120
    Senior Member Rich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  San Francisco Bay Area, Calif.

    Posts:    2,234

    My VIN:    0934

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    "This relay cover popped off. Not sure what this does. Lambda relay??"

    That relay on the right end of the upper row with the green cover is the rear defogger circuit timer.

    The relay next to it is the Lambda relay. Check the wiring diagram or relay diagram to be sure.

    Note the Lambda relay is NOT interchangeable with the other relays that look similar to it. If you use the wrong relay in the Lambda socket the system won't to into closed loop mode.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 112 of 193 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •