FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD
www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
-
08-29-2024 10:09 PM
#1311
Senior Member
-
08-29-2024 10:17 PM
#1312
Senior Member
-
08-29-2024 10:22 PM
#1313
Senior Member
-
08-30-2024 12:00 PM
#1314
Senior Member
A coat of aluminum colored engine paint today.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
08-31-2024 11:15 AM
#1315
I painted some stainless mirrors on another project and I figured the paint wouldn?t stick. I didn?t do nearly as much prep as you and it seems to be holding up fine. In the case of the grill, I?m not sure I would want to paint it. I guess your car is very stock and might not be appropriate to leave silver, but I think it might look good.
Anyways, great work.
Carry on
-
08-31-2024 11:37 AM
#1316
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
Helirich
I painted some stainless mirrors on another project and I figured the paint wouldn?t stick. I didn?t do nearly as much prep as you and it seems to be holding up fine. In the case of the grill, I?m not sure I would want to paint it. I guess your car is very stock and might not be appropriate to leave silver, but I think it might look good.
Anyways, great work.
Carry on
Well we will see how it holds up. If the paint doesn't stay then I can always strip it. I don't like too much stainless steel stuff added to the car. I think the black and stainless contrast looks good.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
09-26-2024 12:43 PM
#1317
Senior Member
-
09-26-2024 03:22 PM
#1318
Bill & Tammy,
Congrats on the addition to your family and kudos for keeping the brothers together.
Great pictures.
I have been missing your update posts I usually read every evening. But YES you both need a break from the work as it has been very intense for the both of you and working your job every day too.
Looking forward to your future posts of your car and even your new family addition! A lot of entertainment for the both of you. What did you name them?
-
09-26-2024 04:02 PM
#1319
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
JETS 81 DMC
Bill & Tammy,
Congrats on the addition to your family and kudos for keeping the brothers together.

2: Great pictures.
I have been missing your update posts I usually read every evening. But
YES you both need a break from the work as it has been very intense for the both of you and working your job every day too.
Looking forward to your future posts of your car and even your new family addition! A lot of entertainment for the both of you. What did you name them?

Brown and white one is Winston (my name for him) and the tri-color one is Riley (Tam named)
No particular significance, just what popped in our heads after having them for a day.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
-
12-09-2024 08:14 PM
#1320
Senior Member
Update, Riley and Winston are growing fast and testing the limits of our patience. They are a lot of fun though.

Last week I took a few hours to get myself re-aquanted with the car, what we have left to do, and what we need for parts.

I condensed some boxes of parts down and set a couple new boxes.
I am glad I didn't just order what I thought that I needed for parts because as I got looking I found some parts that I didn't even know that I had already.
We were coming in to Black Friday weekend so I wanted to see if anything that I needed was on sale. I ended up buying a couple things I probably wouldn't have bought or at least not at this time but I bought it
1. Because it was a good price.
2. I needed to hit $100 or more for free shipping.
One example of number 1 was that I bought a complete windshield wiper kit. I actually already had new wiper blades and we had repainted the wiper arms but I still needed the spray nozzle and a couple other pieces. Well,..the kit was so cheap that I bought for the same price as a set of wiper blades.
Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules