FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 147 of 193 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1461
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    We re-installed the compressor. After we mounted the compressor we turned it over a few times by hand.
    I decided to go with the DMCH accumulator rather than the D-go one. The LP switch we have has a schrader core depressor. I don't just assume that this arrangement will work. Ask me why.

    I would never try to swap out the LPS with pressure on the system so I decided to just remove the schrader core.
    Unfortunately, this didn't go well. It loosened up but it wouldn't come out no matter what.

    So I screwed it back in.
    I installed the oring with a light coat of PAG oil then installed the switch.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  2. #1462
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Tam worked on removing the right front marker light while I tried to install the accumulator.
    This is such a miserable job.
    I installed the accumulator on the evaporator then I went to hook up the other side of the accumulator and after fighting with it for an hour I realized that I should have put the outlet pipe on the accumulator first. So I took the other fitting back apart, put the pipe on the outlet, then put the accumulator back on the evaporator.
    Next I tried to put the inlet pipe onto the evaporator. I couldn't get it...not enough room.

    So...I took everything apart AGAIN!
    Did I mention how much this sucks?
    After another hour or two of cussin and fussin I finally got all of the connections done.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 05-31-2025 at 07:40 PM.

  3. #1463
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Before leaving for the day I wanted to put the AC system under pressure. Tam said "Why are the numbers going down?" "Shouldn't they stop?"
    I said "Yup we got a leak"
    I started looking around and could hear nitrogen leaking out.
    I found the leak. It was on the factory weld on the 90 deg fitting coming out of the accumulator.
    Of course this is the line that has to be hooked up first.
    I said I am done!! Shut off the lights and we went home.

    Here's a video of the leak-
    https://youtube.com/shorts/bayPoGNK5...lzhxWSATKgqc8C

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  4. #1464
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,604

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Before leaving for the day I wanted to put the AC system under pressure. Tam said "Why are the numbers going down?" "Shouldn't they stop?"
    I said "Yup we got a leak"
    I started looking around and could hear nitrogen leaking out.
    I found the leak. It was on the factory weld on the 90 deg fitting coming out of the accumulator.
    Of course this is the line that has to be hooked up first.
    I said I am done!! Shut off the lights and we went home.

    Here's a video of the leak-
    https://youtube.com/shorts/bayPoGNK5...lzhxWSATKgqc8C

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Those welds in your photos look like they did them with MIG. The splatter gives it away. TIG has no spatter.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  5. #1465
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Those welds in your photos look like they did them with MIG. The splatter gives it away. TIG has no spatter.
    Probably robotic welded. Not sure though. Lines came from D-Ind but they don't make the fittings.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  6. #1466
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I just revisited my post on the Delorean technical group on FB. Someone on there had said 6oz total.

    I did a search and found past discussions where people said 8-10 oz. for a dry system. So I am going to stick with the 9oz. for now.


    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  7. #1467
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I was just looking on the D-Ind website to see what the tool looked like for crimping the fittings on.
    While looking I noticed the connections at the compressor are different than mine. These make way more sense than how mine are made. On mine the access ports are facing straight down. I'll have to ask Josh when they changed the design.



    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  8. #1468
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    331

    My VIN:    02855

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    The hoses that D-Ind uses for the AC system are Eaton EZ-Clip system.

    other names used are Aeroquip or Danfoss.
    other brands exist too that make these type of connectors (clones) like Truck Ac and Fourseasons (usually a bit cheaper in cost).

    Everything is available from regular suppliers as parts, like the ends, raw hose and special crimper. the only part not available is one of the elbows at the accumulator, that seems to be custom made by D-Ind. as the fitting sizes and the radius needed to clear the frame is custom.

    here is the crimper for example.

    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...iABEgIoWPD_BwE
    Owner, vin 2855
    "the Mongoose DeLorean"
    https://www.facebook.com/MongooseDelorean

  9. #1469
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by mark w View Post
    The hoses that D-Ind uses for the AC system are Eaton EZ-Clip system.

    other names used are Aeroquip or Danfoss.
    other brands exist too that make these type of connectors (clones) like Truck Ac and Fourseasons (usually a bit cheaper in cost).

    Everything is available from regular suppliers as parts, like the ends, raw hose and special crimper. the only part not available is one of the elbows at the accumulator, that seems to be custom made by D-Ind. as the fitting sizes and the radius needed to clear the frame is custom.

    here is the crimper for example.

    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...iABEgIoWPD_BwE
    Of course....that's the fitting I need.
    I think i can just use my PEX crimp tool.

    Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

  10. #1470
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    1,541

    I would really like to replace every part of my AC system, but everything I read about it here makes it sound like I should wait till it doesn?t work at all. (Mine is kind of weak)

Page 147 of 193 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •