FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 1930

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

  1. #1921
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    The garage is coming along. I am having to do a lot more than I thought I would need to on this project so far. It is quite exhausting and sometimes stressful but will be worth it in the end.


    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  2. #1922
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    I borrowed a bucket truck to cut back some trees so I took a birds eye view picture.

    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  3. #1923
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Hey everyone just posting to say hi and let you know we still have the car and still plan on finishing it at some point.
    I will be honest, I have really lost interest in the car at this point. Maybe it is my ADHD, maybe I got burned out on time and money spent, maybe after getting diagnosed with Parkinsons I look at life differently and toys don't really matter to me as much anymore.
    Maybe it is just because I can no longer handle multiple tasks at once so it is easier to just focus on the garage project and running our HVAC business right now. Maybe it is because I am so worried (and kind of obsessed) about where things are going with this race to artificial superintelligence.

    The plan is to get the addition/garage done, get the car done to a point where we only need basic tools to work on it, bring it home to the new garage and finish it there.

    I will post more on the addition. It is going to be really awesome.

    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  4. #1924
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2016

    Posts:    509

    Bill,
    I was so pleased to see this post from you. I was concerned. I've been a long time reader following your journey. I mostly log on here just to see your posts and enjoy your progress with the car. You're pretty close. I hope you do get it finished and are able to drive the car, enjoy the accolades, and see the happiness people display when they see a DeLorean. After all your effort, you deserve it.
    Ron

  5. #1925
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Bill,
    I was so pleased to see this post from you. I was concerned. I've been a long time reader following your journey. I mostly log on here just to see your posts and enjoy your progress with the car. You're pretty close. I hope you do get it finished and are able to drive the car, enjoy the accolades, and see the happiness people display when they see a DeLorean. After all your effort, you deserve it.
    Ron
    Thanks Ron I appreciate the concern. I am doing good for the most part and keeping the Parkinsons at bay so far. In fact I recently completed a 25 mile hike fundraiser for Make A Wish Maine.

    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  6. #1926
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2022

    Posts:    146

    My VIN:    7012

    I find my DeLorean to be a source of comfort in our AI future. I don't think they had a single line of code in them when they left the factory. AI can help tell me how to fix things on it, but at least for the near future I'm still needed to turn the wrench.

  7. #1927
    Senior Member Bitsyncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Leonardtown, MD

    Posts:    9,604

    My VIN:    03572

    Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    I find my DeLorean to be a source of comfort in our AI future. I don't think they had a single line of code in them when they left the factory. AI can help tell me how to fix things on it, but at least for the near future I'm still needed to turn the wrench.
    Your correct. No microprocessors unless the radio had one. Now I have many but it's all assembly coded. No high level language.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

  8. #1928
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Hey everyone here are some garage progress photos.
    Front-
    Mudroom entry area and garage man door from outside-

    Inside the garage-

    Upstairs-

    Second story deck

    Tractor port

    Back of garage


    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

  9. #1929
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2016

    Posts:    509

    Bill,
    The garage looks fantastic.
    Ron

  10. #1930
    Senior Member SupercoolBill's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2021

    Posts:    1,645

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Bill,
    The garage looks fantastic.
    Ron
    Thanks Ron. It is a lot of money. Hard to spend that much on something that is not 100% required (more a want than a need) but we have been working hard for over 20 years, living within our means, to be able to do this without going into debt.

    Sent from my SM-S948U using Tapatalk

Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •