FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

  1. #961
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I would think the original gasket would be cheaper, easier to install, and would get a much better seal. Its only $5ish and a whole lot less headache.
    I will check out getting one of these. My plans have changed and it is vital that I get the D roadworthy ASAP. We're moving -- AGAIN. (Soon.)
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  2. #962
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I will check out getting one of these. My plans have changed and it is vital that I get the D roadworthy ASAP. We're moving -- AGAIN. (Soon.)
    Hopefully the thing will be drivable once you get the carb on the back (except for the start issue of course). Don't make me drive all the way down there just to install a $5 gasket otherwise I might turn a Bill on you (joking).

    Are you getting the apartment with the nice carport/garage you are talking about? That would be sweet.

  3. #963
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Do you mean the spacer? It isn't.
    Sorry, yes, the spacer.

  4. #964
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    I hope to nail down the starting issue soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Are you getting the apartment with the nice carport/garage you are talking about? That would be sweet.
    Yep. Although the garage ups the rent a bit, it will be in a secure, covered storage facility. I will then be able to get collector-car insurance on it. The money I save by switching from my regular insurance policy means I will about break even with the garage rental. It also means I can leave the car on stands/ramps for any length of time necessary to get work done, not having to worry about rain. I think that's a big win.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  5. #965
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I will then be able to get collector-car insurance on it. The money I save by switching from my regular insurance policy means I will about break even with the garage rental.
    Thats pretty sweet. I've considered buying a house with a garage just for insurance purposes but since I put 10k miles a year on my car and use it as a semi daily driver I have a feeling I would get in trouble if I had an accident with collectors insurance.

  6. #966
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Thats pretty sweet. I've considered buying a house with a garage just for insurance purposes but since I put 10k miles a year on my car and use it as a semi daily driver I have a feeling I would get in trouble if I had an accident with collectors insurance.
    You'd have to disconnect your angle drive a lot and/or lie to the insurance company... both bad ideas.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  7. #967
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    You'd have to disconnect your angle drive a lot and/or lie to the insurance company... both bad ideas.
    Just wait a while, it'll break.

  8. #968
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Just wait a while, it'll break.
    Not mine. I've got a Hervey angle drive.

  9. #969
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Although the garage ups the rent a bit, it will be in a secure, covered storage facility. I will then be able to get collector-car insurance on it. The money I save by switching from my regular insurance policy means I will about break even with the garage rental. It also means I can leave the car on stands/ramps for any length of time necessary to get work done, not having to worry about rain. I think that's a big win.
    sounds like a good deal. a garage was one of my criteria when we were looking at houses.

    and +1 on the $5 gasket, even just for testing/troubleshooting. you can always add the spacer in later, right?
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

  10. #970
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    you can always add the spacer in later, right?
    I'd have to buy longer studs, first.

    Speaking of which: Two of the studs on the manifold I bought from Bill were not straight, so I decided to put nuts on them and tap with a hammer until the studs were straight. This plan worked for straightening the studs, but when I tried turning the nuts out, the studs came out.

    I have school work to do right now, so I am leaving the car alone for the rest of the weekend. I will not have a chance to get back to the car until after my final exams later this week, so I have a little while to make up my mind what to do about this. In the meantime, I have an apartment to pack.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •