FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Results 1 to 10 of 1102

Thread: Farrar's car blog

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    All right, I got the thing to start and run with flooding or starving for fuel. Must have been at least ten minutes total.

    Bill, I still don't understand how you're supposed to idle the engine using air alone -- I need the curb idle screw pressing against the throttle plates to get anything other than a nasty, jawbone-shattering, "holy crap are your motor mounts okay and isn't that idling a little too low since your volt gauge reads 10" kind of idle. At 900 RPM everything smooths out. This is the best I can do, and it is still pretty rough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njozBUMU2Us

    Farrar
    Last edited by Farrar; 09-10-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •