FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD
www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
-

Originally Posted by
Michael
Personally I am in favor of having them rebuilt locally. After my last(and 3rd or 4th total) alternator took a dump, and for 10 years of seeing less than stellar voltage and charge rates, I had mine rebuilt by a shop that has done nothing but starters and alternators for the last 25 years.
Upon installation I was thrilled to see a solid 14+ volts at idle on my gauge. Something I had not seen in a decade.
If you do go down that path, make sure it's a good shop that will redo the windings rather than just dip them.
This is excellent advice if you have a shop like that. Around here they have all gone away. (Like machine shops) I fear the knowledge is going away to.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules