FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    I used the line that was most accessible, which probably was the input since I sometimes hear the heater core burble & gurgle for a few seconds when the car is started after a system refill.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  2. #212
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    OK, thanks for the info. I am considering removing my heater core and modifying the HVAC switch to run the compressor with the defogger in lieu of the normal defogger. The question currently in my mind is whether to simply bypass the heater core with a hose coupler or remove the heater system altogether. Gonna have to do more research.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    If we had more room under the hood you could simply put a manual shutoff valve on the heater core line, just like a school bus.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  4. #214
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    If we had more room under the hood you could simply put a manual shutoff valve on the heater core line, just like a school bus.
    Actually, I was thinking of how to do this and test my leaky-heater-core-windshield-fog theory, but can't figure out how to implement it.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    You can bypass a heater core with a piece of hose. People do it all the time. You lose your heat, but at least you can see through the windshield (the "fog" -- it's more of a slime really -- only shows up when it's cold outside).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  6. #216
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    (the "fog" -- it's more of a slime really -- only shows up when it's cold outside).
    Nope -- ALL of my interior windows fog up when the car is parked in HEAT.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Sounds like outgassing from Armorall.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    RainEx makes a product that is supposed to keep inside glass from fogging up. Perhaps this would help Farrar.

    I bought some at Autozpne the other day but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

  9. #219
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Sounds like outgassing from Armorall.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    +1, I suggested that earlier and hope that isnt his problem b/c it can be a real pain to fix if there is a substantial layer of funk on the glass.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  10. #220
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Armor-All outgassing

    Seems to be two schools of thought on my foggy glass (not just the windshield now). Going with the outgassing theory, I bought some of that Meguiar's "deep cleaning" vinyl cleaner yesterday at O'Reilly's. The bottle says "restores original appearance" as opposed to most other products that say "brilliant shine" or some such; unfortunately, I couldn't get a shady spot to work in and it was so hot outside yesterday that after about a half hour working on the car I felt sick, so I had to call it quits. I will try the Meguiar's this evening when it should be cooler, and let y'all know how it works.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •