FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 519

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

  1. #281
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,921

    My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

    Well as I added my three to the pile so I decided to count up just how insane I am...I have almost 60 of these "stupid little plastic cars" now(not including the ones I gave away or opened up) including a Boulevard and a Redline Club. I have at least 6-12 of each version ever released except for the New Wave, so I guess I will in fact continue the crusade to get at least one of them so I will have a full boat...until HW releases the next line of DeLoreans that is.

    I have decided to absolutely load up on the City cars while I can. I am going to use these as give aways to kids...A lot of times I will return to my car in a parking lot to find a kid drooling over it with his mom trying to take pics. I always ask if they would like to sit in it and have their picture taken. It's even better if I have a HW car to pass along afterward, so I need to get at least 30 of the City cars for the long run.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

  2. #282
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    I seem to have a disproportionate amount of gold ones that no one seems to want.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  3. #283
    Senior Member Kenny_Z's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Gulf Shores, Al

    Posts:    1,780

    My VIN:    4534

    Still trying to find the HW city and New Wave. My local Walmarts are terrible at stocking the HW section. More than once I've seen the sections completely empty.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

  4. #284
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I seem to have a disproportionate amount of gold ones that no one seems to want.
    Ironic, because I think the gold HW are the nicest looking of the bunch. The finish on the paint is great and they seem to have better detail than the black or silver ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    Still trying to find the HW city and New Wave. My local Walmarts are terrible at stocking the HW section. More than once I've seen the sections completely empty.
    I have never once seen them on the actual shelves, but I have found more than 10 of them by digging through the massive bins at the endcap (YMMV of course). My trick is to bring over a cart, empty one whole bin into the cart by going through it, then empty the bin next to it into the first one, and so on until I've gone through every single car. It's a lot of work
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  5. #285
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    I think that after talking to people about the SS and how unique it is, their eyes look disappointed when I give them a gold one.

    I actually prefer the black one. I think I try and divest myself if the gold one as I think that I should have only one, in proportion to real ones made.

    Jon, have you actually seen the new wave ones in stores or just the striped one?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  6. #286
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I think that after talking to people about the SS and how unique it is, their eyes look disappointed when I give them a gold one.

    I actually prefer the black one. I think I try and divest myself if the gold one as I think that I should have only one, in proportion to real ones made.

    Jon, have you actually seen the new wave ones in stores or just the striped one?
    I can see how a "visitor" might not appreciate the gold ones. I guess since I have a huge amount of the cars I have the luxury of comparing them and nitpicking those details - but you're 100% right, if you're giving them out people are gonna want the stainless ones. And not the FTE model - the original one with silver wheels. Which I don't have any of.

    I have not seen a single New Wave one. I bought a ton of the HW City recently, and I always see the section where the New Wave would be with the other "decades" cars - but never a D.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  7. #287
    Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,921

    My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

    Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    if you're giving them out people are gonna want the stainless ones. And not the FTE model - the original one with silver wheels. Which I don't have any of.
    I'm not giving away any of the originals...I have 14 of the originals and they seem to be the most sought after on eBay...around 5-6 bucks each on average: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-WHEELS-2...p2047675.l2557

    I have about 8 of the FTE cars, so not enough left to keep giving away...that's why I'm stocking up on the city cars. They look good enough to pass for the original...as far as an 8 yr. old is concerned.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-10-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

  8. #288
    Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    125

    Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Ironic, because I think the gold HW are the nicest looking of the bunch. The finish on the paint is great and they seem to have better detail than the black or silver ones.
    While I appreciate the constructive criticism, please help me understand something. You keep referring to the "details". What details? They are all the same sculpt, just different colour. In fact, the 2010 versions in silver, gold, and black...are the same deco, just different paint (and interior colour). The 2011 Faster Than Ever, 2014 HW City, 2014 Jukebox (New Wave)...all the same sculpt, therefore all the same detail.

    The Time Machine 'conversion' was built off of this same sculpt. So the base car is the same. All Time Machines are the same, just different deco/. The Time Machine 2 has different 'vent' piece; plutonium chamber vs Mr Fusion

    The only one that is a different sculpt is the RLC version. Errors from the Mainline version were 'corrected' for the RLC version, while more detail was added to the interior since the doors open.

    Not trying to be rude, just trying to understand. Thanks.

    By the way, it is standard practice to re-release castings. So, as long as the license/contract is still good and we get the approval from DMC, do not be surprised if there are more Hot Wheels DeLoreans in the future.

  9. #289
    Senior Member Kenny_Z's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Gulf Shores, Al

    Posts:    1,780

    My VIN:    4534

    Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    I have never once seen them on the actual shelves, but I have found more than 10 of them by digging through the massive bins at the endcap (YMMV of course). My trick is to bring over a cart, empty one whole bin into the cart by going through it, then empty the bin next to it into the first one, and so on until I've gone through every single car. It's a lot of work
    Maybe that's the problem. Only one of the local Walmarts does this and it is one I rarely go to since it's not in the best area of town.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

  10. #290
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Time Machine 2 .
    ??? Did I miss this one?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •