FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD
www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
-
Still Plays With Toys

Originally Posted by
DMC5180
Is their a video online that shows how these cars a made in general? I assume it's mostly robotic manufacturing. I also assume the more expensive part detailed cars involve more human labor.
While there are some robotics involved, there is a lot more hands on labour than one would think, even the Mainline ($1) cars.
Unfortunately, the process is proprietary and confidential. A lot of toy (and other consumer product) companies deal with some very sensitive licences. So, no cameras are allowed in the facilities. But, if you watch enough "How It's Made", you can figure out the process.
I am sure there are some bootleg videos out there, but nothing official.
-
Went hunting for HW cars this weekend. Only found this variety in the WalMart stores. Target, Toys-R-Us had none. All together I picked up 22 of them so don't try looking for them on the north side of Houston and Spring and Conroe. 
I used the basket swap method and when we were done, my son and I just lifted the basket and dumped the rest back in the box. I plan on giving some away to special people at car shows and if someone special get's a ride or a photo with Della.
Will be looking for more!

Originally Posted by
Dangermouse
Finally got a half dozen of these in Wallyworld today. Subtly different from the others in the metal. (Note to self - 3 months from when James gets them, til I can get them

)
They were located just past the Christmas trees, to the left of the garlands. In freaking October. October! I was in on September 18 and the Christmas trees were up then. Who buys a Christmas tree in September?? /rant
-
Senior Member

Originally Posted by
wrkey
Went hunting for HW cars this weekend. Only found this variety in the WalMart stores. Target, Toys-R-Us had none. All together I picked up 22 of them so don't try looking for them on the north side of Houston and Spring and Conroe.
Will be looking for more!
Aha, a new recruit into this addictive madness
Dermot
VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320
I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans
http://www.will-to-live.org
No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"
-
Mostly Harmless...
I also went out this weekend and hit both Wal*Marts, Big KMarts and Toys-R-Us reasonably local to me.
None of the stores I hit had any bins full of cars, only ones hung on racks.
Not a D was found. 
I'll try them all again next weekend.
George
George.
1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
-
... and the Walmart in Ennis Texas has been stripped of their 17 cars. 
Again... all the same 'grey stripped' ones.
-
Senior Member
I went in search again yesterday and came up empty.
Red
VIN 4534
Born - October 1981
Brought back to life - July 2011
-
My friends think I'm nuts
I still have never seen a New Wave D - maybe they haven't been released yet?
I combed my local Super Walmart (the one I pillaged last time was just a smaller store) and came up completely empty as well. Curses!
-
hot wheels
Found 13 cars in Walmart. It pays to be the only DeLorean in Kalispell, MT.
-
Four fish Delorean

Originally Posted by
SS Spoiler
Found 13 cars in Walmart. It pays to be the only DeLorean in Kalispell, MT.
Buy only 12..... just to avoid the case of bad luck
-
One of those purists you keep hearing about.
Anyone else ever seen these?
Dave
Here, somewhere.

Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules