FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 519

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

  1. #301
    Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    125

    Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Is their a video online that shows how these cars a made in general? I assume it's mostly robotic manufacturing. I also assume the more expensive part detailed cars involve more human labor.
    While there are some robotics involved, there is a lot more hands on labour than one would think, even the Mainline ($1) cars.

    Unfortunately, the process is proprietary and confidential. A lot of toy (and other consumer product) companies deal with some very sensitive licences. So, no cameras are allowed in the facilities. But, if you watch enough "How It's Made", you can figure out the process.

    I am sure there are some bootleg videos out there, but nothing official.

  2. #302
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jan 2013

    Posts:    122

    Went hunting for HW cars this weekend. Only found this variety in the WalMart stores. Target, Toys-R-Us had none. All together I picked up 22 of them so don't try looking for them on the north side of Houston and Spring and Conroe.

    I used the basket swap method and when we were done, my son and I just lifted the basket and dumped the rest back in the box. I plan on giving some away to special people at car shows and if someone special get's a ride or a photo with Della.

    Will be looking for more!



    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post


    Finally got a half dozen of these in Wallyworld today. Subtly different from the others in the metal. (Note to self - 3 months from when James gets them, til I can get them )



    They were located just past the Christmas trees, to the left of the garlands. In freaking October. October! I was in on September 18 and the Christmas trees were up then. Who buys a Christmas tree in September?? /rant

  3. #303
    Senior Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Atlanta OTP GA

    Posts:    7,085

    My VIN:    2743

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

    Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    Went hunting for HW cars this weekend. Only found this variety in the WalMart stores. Target, Toys-R-Us had none. All together I picked up 22 of them so don't try looking for them on the north side of Houston and Spring and Conroe.


    Will be looking for more!
    Aha, a new recruit into this addictive madness
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

    I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

    http://www.will-to-live.org

    No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

  4. #304
    Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar
    Join Date:  Aug 2012

    Location:  Duncanville, Alabama USA

    Posts:    825

    My VIN:    6599

    I also went out this weekend and hit both Wal*Marts, Big KMarts and Toys-R-Us reasonably local to me.
    None of the stores I hit had any bins full of cars, only ones hung on racks.

    Not a D was found.

    I'll try them all again next weekend.

    George
    George.



    1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

  5. #305
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jan 2013

    Posts:    122

    ... and the Walmart in Ennis Texas has been stripped of their 17 cars.

    Again... all the same 'grey stripped' ones.

  6. #306
    Senior Member Kenny_Z's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Gulf Shores, Al

    Posts:    1,780

    My VIN:    4534

    I went in search again yesterday and came up empty.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

  7. #307
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    I still have never seen a New Wave D - maybe they haven't been released yet?

    I combed my local Super Walmart (the one I pillaged last time was just a smaller store) and came up completely empty as well. Curses!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

  8. #308
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

    Posts:    888

    My VIN:    2691

    hot wheels

    Found 13 cars in Walmart. It pays to be the only DeLorean in Kalispell, MT.

  9. #309
    Four fish Delorean ALEXAKOS's Avatar
    Join Date:  Feb 2013

    Location:  38.09080 N 23.8005 E

    Posts:    2,038

    My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Found 13 cars in Walmart. It pays to be the only DeLorean in Kalispell, MT.
    Buy only 12..... just to avoid the case of bad luck

  10. #310
    One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Vancouver, BC

    Posts:    3,388

    My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

    Club(s):   (PNDC)

    Anyone else ever seen these?

    Dave

    Here, somewhere.


Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •