Location: Dahlonega GA
Posts: 2,462
Club(s): (SEDOC) (DCUK)
eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,740
My VIN: 02613
Club(s): (DCF)
Just thought I'd share a little news with everyone:
I'm finally at a point in my life where I can afford to go back to school, at least part-time. So starting next week, I will begin the task of finishing up my degree, which I started in 1997. Yep, I will be a 32-year-old college sophomore.
So I will have even less time to work on the car!But it can wait -- I've put off my education for far too long.
Best,
Farrar
3.0L, automatic, carbureted
Location: Dahlonega GA
Posts: 2,462
Club(s): (SEDOC) (DCUK)
eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,740
My VIN: 02613
Club(s): (DCF)
Thanks!
I haven't signed up for any classes yet. I will be seeking a Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Music. No concentration yet; I will discuss that with my adviser on Monday. I plan to minor in business or administration of some sort, too -- my goal is to be Program Director of a classical music station some day.
Farrar
3.0L, automatic, carbureted
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 3,047
My VIN: 16510 and carbureted
Club(s): (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)
Have you considered testing out of some stuff with CLEP testing? I tested out of at least 30 hours worth of classes thanks to CLEP and study guides at www.instacert.com. It took me about a year to get my Associates degree and about 10 years to get my Bachelors.
+1 on the CLEP tests!
IIRC, ~$50.00 and a 1 hour multiple guess test v/s a quarter or semester is a no-brainer.
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,740
My VIN: 02613
Club(s): (DCF)
Now that I've made sure it's possible, I ordered my time-delay relay for the power window circuit. Looking forward to working on this.
I am not looking forward to working on the fuel pump carrier... I see a hacksaw in my future.
Farrar
3.0L, automatic, carbureted
Posts: 1,068
What have you done to the poor thing?
If I am understanding correctly, you have a 1/8 to 1/4 NPT bushing turned upside down inside the carrier, now stuck on the original pipe. NPT threads are tapered, and brass can gall like stainless steel, so your bushing may well be stuck for good. I have snapped the threads off more than a few stuck brass NPT fittings over the years myself.
I would simply cut off the original pipe, then grab the the stuck bushing and use it to turn the remaining threads out of the carrier. If you want to use a pump with 1/4 NPT ports, just tap the bottom of the carrier 1/4 NPT (I'm pretty certain yours is currently tapped 1/8 NPT). Is your new pickup screen 1/4 NPT as well?
BTW: there is no pressure (above atmospheric) before the pump, and only a couple of PSI after it, so there's no need to tighten the everliving daylights out of these brass fittings.
Bill Robertson
#5939
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,740
My VIN: 02613
Club(s): (DCF)
With the help of a 7/16" deep socket, this is what I did. You had made the equivalent of a 1/8" NPT close nipple, only a little longer. The hole in the bottom of the pipe cap is not tapped all the way through, so I could only turn the close nipple out from one direction.
No; I am re-using the old one.
Farrar
3.0L, automatic, carbureted
Posts: 1,068
If I remember correctly, your exact words were "I want a carb setup just like yours..."
(You and I are the only ones with that custom piece of pipe. Everyone else has a collection of brass fittings).
McMaster Carr has the best selection of brass fittings. With their help you can adapt that carrier to fit anything.
Bill Robertson
#5939