Use black nylon M5's to hold your various trunk panels down -- some day you'll be glad you did.
Bill Robertson
#5939
Posts: 1,068
Use black nylon M5's to hold your various trunk panels down -- some day you'll be glad you did.
Bill Robertson
#5939
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,740
My VIN: 02613
Club(s): (DCF)
Too late -- I've already ordered black nylon M5s and M6s. As I mentioned earlier, the rivnuts in Sparky's trunk are of two different sizes, plus the metal screws were eating into the fiberboard underneath the carpet.
(The carpet is currently removed, since I have ditched the spare tire in lieu of a toolbox... but I plan on having a spare tire eventually -- before my next big road trip, whenever that happens to be.)
I have one of those Brother label-printer things, and started putting labels on my new relay sockets last night. Those label-printers are awesome! I was able to reduce the size of the font to make everything intelligible in the small space available.
I hope to get started on the relay/fuse compartment tonight.
Farrar
My time-delay module for the power windows arrived in the mail!!! Huzzah!
Farrar
3.0L, automatic, carbureted
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,740
My VIN: 02613
Club(s): (DCF)
A tiny bit of progress tonight, even though work ran late and stopped me from getting any time outside with the car.
SANY0867.jpg
Farrar
3.0L, automatic, carbureted
Location: Dahlonega GA
Posts: 2,462
Club(s): (SEDOC) (DCUK)
I like it.
eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 4,740
My VIN: 02613
Club(s): (DCF)
Thanks, Sean.
It just occurred to me looking at that photo that I should have put the labels on the bottom row upside down, since I will be looking at it from above. Oh well, it doesn't matter -- I can read upside down.
Someone did something very funky with my relay sockets before I bought the car: the ganged grounds are supposed to be black wire, but mine are black/red! Not only that, but some of the terminals appear to be fuse terminals, not relay terminals! What on earth?*
Oh well -- my plan was to replace any terminals which were questionable, anyway (I bought a roll of 100 relay terminals and the proper crimp tool for non-insulated terminals)... I will see if I can find where the black/red wire goes and if I can replace it with a black wire.
My guess is that some of the ground wires were compromised a while ago -- I have noticed some heat-shrink and/or electrical tape (ew!) applied on some other wires in the same area, probably where insulation got burned/melted away. Perhaps the ground wires were damaged and someone made up a quick fix with whatever they had available. If this is the case, then I expect that the black/red wire will be spliced in somewhere. If I can find that, I can replace the black/red with black and make things easier for myself in the future.
There's a wild marsh fire out in New Orleans East making the atmosphere very smoky whenever the wind picks up in my direction, so I can't get much work done outside. It looks like the rest of this project will have to wait until Saturday. Now I know why people have garages, even if they're not equipped with air handling.
Farrar
--
*Pun very much intended.
3.0L, automatic, carbureted
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 3,047
My VIN: 16510 and carbureted
Club(s): (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)