FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84

Thread: DMC stage 1 and stage 2 engine differences

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    new coil
    Ignition coil? Does Houston use HEI on Stage I?

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  2. #52
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Ignition coil? Does Houston use HEI on Stage I?

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Yes ignition coil and no it does not appear they bundle the Nology stuff with stage I.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    What brand of coil?

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  4. #54
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    What brand of coil?

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    Your favorite, Bosch.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  5. #55
    EFI DeLorean dmc6960's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Minnesota

    Posts:    1,590

    My VIN:    06960

    Its a BRAND NEW old stock coil.

    And it works great!
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

  6. #56
    DeLorean Owner Since 2006
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Waukesha, WI

    Posts:    1,181

    My VIN:    3676

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Your favorite, Bosch.
    I don't get this. Is there something wrong with Bosch?

  7. #57
    DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Taylors SC

    Posts:    5,327

    My VIN:    (former)05429

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    As I know it:
    Stage 1:
    Stage 2: All of the above plus modified performance cams with ported & polished heads.
    Plus new fuel injectors.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

  8. #58
    DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Taylors SC

    Posts:    5,327

    My VIN:    (former)05429

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I don't get this. Is there something wrong with Bosch?
    Not that I've ever found.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

  9. #59
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I don't get this. Is there something wrong with Bosch?
    To me, no. To Bill, well he's got a problem with most everything doesn't he?

    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  10. #60
    DeLorean Owner Since 2006
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Waukesha, WI

    Posts:    1,181

    My VIN:    3676

    Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    To me, no. To Bill, well he's got a problem with most everything except Ford, doesn't he?

    Fixed it and NOW I get it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •