FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #311
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Quote Originally Posted by cineman View Post
    Ooooh, that's pretty.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    is how the AutoZone guys respond if they know what the F150 parts are for, after you walk out the door.
    YEAH, you've obviously never gone into AutoZone asking for Ford parts.


    EDIT: Just FYI, my local AutoZone guys (and gals) like me. Last time I was part shopping they let me go in the back and pick out my own parts since I was cross referencing some stuff.
    Last edited by stevedmc; 09-01-2011 at 10:40 AM.

  3. #313
    Nothing witty here lest it offend
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    990

    .

    I checked on the price of one of those tripower set ups a year ago... IIRC they wanted $5K for the whole thing. That's a lot of money to use more gas (for a car that wasn't meant to race anyway.)

  4. #314
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    YEAH, you've obviously never gone into AutoZone asking for Ford parts.


    EDIT: Just FYI, my local AutoZone guys (and gals) like me. Last time I was part shopping they let me go in the back and pick out my own parts since I was cross referencing some stuff.
    You are right...not to go on a Delorean, as was implied.

    Actually, I live in Ford country and with as much as I bill there a month they love me so I rarely have to do any cross referenceing....OMG I just remembered I went back there once and found a Ford (IIRC) coolant hose that would wrap around and go behind the compressor instead of rubbing everything in sight. But I didn't use it on my D. Really, I didn't! ...I gave it and some short pipes to Ben...you can ask him.

  5. #315
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    841

    Quote Originally Posted by cineman View Post
    Carbs, Italian weber 40 or 46 used also on Porsche

    Attachment 4739
    Attachment 4738

    intake are from Talbot Tagora V6 prv, the only factory 3x carb PRV, lot used by the Alpine guys... and very rare !
    Attachment 4740
    Awesome! Thanks for the info!

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    OMG I just remembered I went back there once and found a Ford (IIRC) coolant hose that would wrap around and go behind the compressor instead of rubbing everything in sight.
    Coolant return hose xRef's to a mid 1980's E150 van, but you probably already knew that.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  7. #317
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Stock DeLorean ignition is functional (most of the time), not optimal.

    I prefer optimal performance over merely functional performance, just like nearly every other automobile manufacturer in 1981 (and since, to this very day), so:,
    Then why do my modern cars not have a carb?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    As this thread's title clearly indicates, it is the place for asking questions about installing a carburetor on your DeLorean.

    If you have ignition questions, there is a different thread devoted exclusively to that topic.

    If you have EFI questions, you can either start an EFI specific thread similar to this one, or perhaps use a existing thread like Mike Lund's failed conversion thread.

    K-Jet questions can be asked in the General Forum since K-Jet is not a modification.

    Asking questions in the appropriate threads helps keep the forum organized.

    Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  9. #319
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    As this thread's title clearly indicates, it is the place for asking questions about installing a carburetor on your DeLorean.

    If you have ignition questions, there is a different thread devoted exclusively to that topic.

    If you have EFI questions, you can either start an EFI specific thread similar to this one, or perhaps use a existing thread like Mike Lund's failed conversion thread.

    K-Jet questions can be asked in the General Forum since K-Jet is not a modification.

    Asking questions in the appropriate threads helps keep the forum organized.

    Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939
    As this thread title clearly states "other K-Jet/Carb tangets"

    That's cool Bill, you're incapable of answering my question on your contradictory statement. Poor attempt at not answering it though.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    With one exception (and a diesel powered school bus) every vehicle I own is carbureted, so I can not answer EFI questions from empirical experience. If you have an EFI question, I recommend posing it to someone with practical EFI experience. If you have a carburetor question, I would be happy to answer it.

    Do you have a specific carbureted vehicle in mind that you wish to discuss?

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •