FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #441
    Nothing witty here lest it offend
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    990

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I prefer "Provider of the Kool-Aid"....

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I get it even less
    Cliff's Notes:

    There was a cult leader named Jim Jones. He decided to take his cult followers down to Guyana. While there, he and his followers committed mass suicide by drinking laced kool aid.

    The bizarre suicide was recorded on audio tape, as referenced above.

    This is where the phrase "drinking the Kool Aid" comes from.

  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Cliff's Notes:

    There was a cult leader named Jim Jones. He decided to take his cult followers down to Guyana. While there, he and his followers committed mass suicide by drinking laced kool aid.

    The bizarre suicide was recorded on audio tape, as referenced above.

    This is where the phrase "drinking the Kool Aid" comes from.
    I thought it was the cult in Waco, TX that drank the Kool Aid.

  3. #443
    Nothing witty here lest it offend
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    990

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    i thought it was the cult in waco, tx that drank the kool aid.
    young people!

  4. #444
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Cliff's Notes:

    There was a cult leader named Jim Jones.....
    I knew who Jones was I just didn't know the transcript of the stupidity.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  5. #445
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    "Ask Bill About Carbing A DeLorean And Other Kool-Aid/Cheerwine Tangents"
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  6. #446
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    Carb envy appears to be affecting both your logic and coherence. Might be best for you to refrain from speaking publicly about the subject until you have received professional therapeutic assistance.

    Not only is my carburetor bigger than yours, but I have a house full of the damn things.
    As stated, I was using your logic...you just don't want to answer the question(s) as it will expose the flaw(s) in your statement(s). Instead you choose to start reaching for those ankles again and attack my intelligence.
    Shame on you Bill!!!

    I have a 1250 Holley that I could almost drop that puny thing you call a carburetor through.
    You need to take a look in my parts shed...all of those 2100 would make your choke plate stand straight up.

    P.S. My dog is bigger than your dog.

  7. #447
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Jim Jones/People's Temple: Kool Aid (Jonestown Guyana)
    David Koresh/Branch Davidians: Fire (Waco TX)
    Heaven's Gate: Castration and asphyxiation (San Diego CA)

    Don't you people watch the news?

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  8. #448
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I have a 1250 Holley that I could almost drop that puny thing you call a carburetor through.
    One of my school buses showed up with this oversized Holley monstrosity:

    AutoliteHolley2.jpg

    I would throw it away, but I'm afraid the City of Laurinburg will arrest me for clogging up the landfill. What was Holley thinking? The little shoebox that replaced it not only starts easier and performs better on the highway, but it only occupies a fraction of the underhood real estate. It also is 10,000 times simpler/more reliable.

    My dog passed away after 15 years. Say anything bad about her and I will punch you in the nose. You can say anything you want about a man's wife, or even his truck, but never bad mouth a man's dog.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  9. #449
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Nice try...Take the governor setup off of the Holley and look again, then try it on the highway again, and then put a kit in both and compare complexity again.

    Sorry to hear about your dog.
    (I should punch you in the nose for stooping so low -- Shame on you Bill!)

  10. #450
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by content22207 View Post
    My dog passed away after 15 years.
    If true, I am very sorry. That's a long time buddy.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •