FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: HVAC panel-Ouline vs. Solid Lettering -VIN cut-offs?

  1. #11
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Another thing to note about the non-outline versions myself and jawn101 have, is that they are the only styles to match the typeface of the instrument cluster. Another reason why I think it is the best style. Never having seen a blackout one lit up, I'm unsure what the typeface on those look like.
    Hear, hear. See my comment above

  2. #12
    EFI DeLorean dmc6960's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Minnesota

    Posts:    1,590

    My VIN:    06960

    And for posterity, here is the blackout one...

    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    841

    I like Jim's the best so far with the Heat and Cool Labeling....

    So that is 4 variations so far if you count the "black-out" version, which we don't have any pictures of lit up.

  4. #14
    EFI DeLorean dmc6960's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Minnesota

    Posts:    1,590

    My VIN:    06960

    Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    So that is 4 variations so far if you count the "black-out" version, which we don't have any pictures of lit up.
    I can tell you for sure a 5th version is just like Josh's, only the 3 warning lights for Cooling Fan Fail, Defrost, and Lock Doors have bright daytime labeling, not blackout like his is. Someone with that style will have to post a picture.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    841

    Question

    So I wonder how many of each style were made and in what order they were made.
    We can assume the black-out version was first....

  6. #16
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Mine is currently out of the car. I know some of these molded pieces have mold dates and part numbers on them. I wonder if they're all the same P/N? I will check mine for identifying marks when I get home and report back.

  7. #17
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    I can tell you for sure a 5th version is just like Josh's, only the 3 warning lights for Cooling Fan Fail, Defrost, and Lock Doors have bright daytime labeling, not blackout like his is. Someone with that style will have to post a picture.
    Here ya go.

    1669ACp.jpg

    I can go get a better pic if you want.

  8. #18
    My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Sacramento-ish

    Posts:    4,408

    My VIN:    02100

    Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Here ya go.

    1669ACp.jpg

    I can go get a better pic if you want.
    And while you're out there, flip the cap on your headlight switch over! lol
    Last edited by jawn101; 09-15-2011 at 04:31 PM.

  9. #19
    Administrator Ron's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  North GA

    Posts:    6,200

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    LMAO!...that is an old pic from before I put an auto-off one in.
    (I've been looking for a turquoise lens to make it match better.)

    Not much better....good cam had bad batteries.
    If someone doesn't post a better one, I will:

    Imgp4176.jpg
    Last edited by Ron; 09-15-2011 at 05:21 PM.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    841

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    LMAO!...that is an old pic from before I put an auto-off one in.
    (I've been looking for a turquoise lens to make it match better.)

    Not much better....good cam had bad batteries.
    If someone doesn't post a better one, I will:

    Imgp4176.jpg
    Is your defrost on in that pic, lighting up the indicator?

    This is very interesting...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •