FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: HVAC panel-Ouline vs. Solid Lettering -VIN cut-offs?

  1. #41
    Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Lexington, NC

    Posts:    817

    My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

    Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I'd like to hear from some 82 or 83 owners to hear what they have. 5180 is the latest owner here and that's about the 1/2 way point in the vins.
    #16128 has type 3
    #5000 has type 2

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    841

    Post

    I went through some old photos from the last year or two...

    The Raffle Car from DCS 2010 has the "Type 2" face. I believe it was in the high 6,000 VIN range.

    VIN 16610 also has Type 2.

    Type 2 and 3 seem to be common from the photos I have.....

  3. #43
    DeLorean Taker-Aparter jmettee's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Glen Rock, PA

    Posts:    453

    My VIN:    02075

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    The Raffle Car from DCS 2010 has the "Type 2" face. I believe it was in the high 6,000 VIN range.
    6704 actually.
    ______________________________________________
    Justin Mettee
    VIN 02075

    DMC-CA cams & custom Flowmaster muffler
    1/4 mile time - 16.792s @ 81.45MPH

  4. #44
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    6704 actually.
    not to derail the thread, but we never heard from the winner of 6704, did we?
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    841

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    not to derail the thread, but we never heard from the winner of 6704, did we?
    Spencer Michael Bondham from Minnesta/Wisconsin area. I used to keep in touch on facebook for a while, but he just isn't into the Ds as much as us on here; more of an "inactive" Delorean owner...

  6. #46
    Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Omaha, NE

    Posts:    1,755

    My VIN:    loading, please wait...

    yeah, thats what i thought... i seem to recall a story that he decided to buy a ticket for the hell of it and ended up the winner.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Renton, WA

    Posts:    351

    My VIN:    02261

    Club(s):   (PNDC)

    Here is my contribution to the A/C Heater face plate questions. Pictured is what is in my VIN 02261 and according to Dangermouse I have the type 2.
    Some one please remake this style and I’ll definitely buy one as mine is pretty beat up.

    If I stop by DMC Northwest I’ll take pictures of the later VIN A/C face plates. They have at least ten DeLoreans at any one time.
    Attached Images
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

  8. #48
    Ryan > Ruben Ryan King's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fresno, CA

    Posts:    1,133

    My VIN:    3997

    Quote Originally Posted by outatym2001 View Post
    Here is my contribution to the A/C Heater face plate questions. Pictured is what is in my VIN 02261 and according to Dangermouse I have the type 2.
    Some one please remake this style and I’ll definitely buy one as mine is pretty beat up.

    If I stop by DMC Northwest I’ll take pictures of the later VIN A/C face plates. They have at least ten DeLoreans at any one time.
    I can't stand this Face Plate. I had two and sold both of them. It would be nice if Houston were to reproduce all 4 labels.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

  9. #49
    Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Lexington, NC

    Posts:    817

    My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

    Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    This was from the same thread in the old .com site.
    Attached Images

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    4,861

    My VIN:    3937

    I'm a little late getting to this conversation, but just saw the link to it recently.

    I believe I have a #5 on Dermot's menu, but the link to the picture doesn't come up, so I'm not sure.

    IMG_1725.jpg

    Out of curiosity, can anyone comment on whether there was a Canadian version or not? I know the instrument cluster was changed for the 17000 VIN cars that went to Canada, but wasn't sure if they made changes to the HVAC panel. What often happens is that any symbols or messages that are written in english, get changed to symbols with no words, so not to offend anyone in the French part of the country. There might be more to it than that, but say the check engine light/warning in Canada doesn't say anything, it is just the symbol with no words. I wondered if anything on the HVAC panel got changed to symbols and not words, like the words fan fail or something?


    Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •