FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 763

Thread: Ask Bill about carbing a DeLorean and other K-Jet/Carb tangets

  1. #41
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    I would use the 12v wire to the warm-up regulator. I'm not sure, but I think that's the one Bill picked when we did my conversion.

    Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I would use the 12v wire to the warm-up regulator. I'm not sure, but I think that's the one Bill picked when we did my conversion.

    Farrar
    Unplug your idle ECU and see if you still have voltage at the choke. If you do then it is safe to remove your idle ECU.

    With the alternator make sure you wrap the washers with some electrical tape. It will make it much easier to install them as one spacer. If you don't install it by July 9th I can install it for you at Freds. He is talking about having a tech day and going to a cruise in that night.

    If you haven't swapped pulleys they can probably do that at autozone or I can do it for you with a pipe wrench and breaker bar.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    CPR supply comes off the RPM relay, which will render it useless if you ever throw the damn thing away.

    Look closely at my ECU compartment pic (which is #2508 BTW) and you'll see the choke wire coming off one of the old ECU harness connectors and running out the same grommet as the distributor signal wire.

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  4. #44
    Senior Member Ashyukun's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Location:  Lexington, KY

    Posts:    242

    My VIN:    16655

    I'll have to see about ditching the ECU when I'm working on the car in the coming weeks... not point in having it there if I'm not using it, and it's crowded in that compartment with the Wings-A-Loft alarm system box there as well. I can add it to the pile of K-Jet parts that I don't need any more...

  5. #45
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,740

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Wait -- when did Ashyukun carburete? And how do you pronounce Ashyukun anyway?

    Farrar
    Last edited by Farrar; 06-09-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Bob Babcock. He got Jim Edwards' manifold, right before DCS'10. I am *FINALLY* putting the finishing touches on Jim's conversion, about a year late....

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  5 miles from NYC

    Posts:    53

    My VIN:    07190

    throttle Body EFI

    So, is anybody running a carb conversion manifold with a throttle body efi system like the Fast EZ-EFI or Holly Avenger on the PVR? I know they are a bit pricey at 2k on average, but they really are great turn key self tuning systems.

  8. #48
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    The idle system is NOT part of the fuel system!
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    1,068

    Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    The idle system is NOT part of the fuel system!
    I'm not sure where this comment comes from (almost looks as if it refers to a preceding post deleted by Sean), but with a carburetor the idle system (closed throttle plates) most definitely is integrated with throttle fuel delivery. The Motorcraft 2100 even uses the same metering jets for both (some carbs have different jets for idle mixture).

    Bill Robertson
    #5939

  10. #50
    Tweedledumber DCUK Martin's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  DeLorean Cars, UK

    Posts:    593

    Okay, I admit it, I did a Robertson, reading stuff that wasn't actually written.

    I see posts referring to the ditching of the idle system as well as the fuel system when the two are wholly indepentent. The fact that you can't use the CIS is a major drawback of converting to carburetion.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •