FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Should Sean continue deleting posts and locking threads?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean should stop deleting posts and locking threads

    12 21.43%
  • I'm ok with Sean locking threads, just stop deleting posts

    4 7.14%
  • I'm ok with Sean deleting posts, just stop locking threads

    0 0%
  • I have no problem with Sean's locking and deleting of posts

    38 67.86%
  • Drop it and close the thread already!

    2 3.57%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Petition to get Sean from closing threads he doesn't like

  1. #31
    DMCTalk.org's #2 Mike C.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Huntersville, NC

    Posts:    1,402

    My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    For the membership fee that I pay to this forum, for the privilege to participate, interact and meet with other owners, and to learn about my car, I'm one happy customer just the way it is!
    Keep the good work, Mods.


    I favor this post.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

    Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    157

    My VIN:    2808 6921

    Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    You mean Bill. Afraid of saying Bill's name? Everyone knows Bill.
    Fellas I hate to say it but you are beating a dead horse,Bill is going to be persona non grata. In someones askewed sense of reality approving posts before they go public is not banning someone..... remember Bill can post at anytime, perhaps he has been all along but Sean has deemed none of them fit for public viewing, problem is there are 3 maybe 4 people that will ever know.

    Also, it's good to know that we can report people enough times to get them to moderated status... perhaps we can make Bill some friends

  3. #33
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mcfly4u View Post
    perhaps he has been all along but Sean has deemed none of them fit for public viewing, problem is there are 3 maybe 4 people that will ever know.
    FWIW, Bill has made one post since being put on the moderation list and it was approved:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?95...ll=1#post21888
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Baton Rouge, Louisiana

    Posts:    3,047

    My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

    Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    FWIW, Bill has made one post since being put on the moderation list and it was approved:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?95...ll=1#post21888
    Yeah, and his password could have been revoked after he made that post.

    Dang. I just realized my fuel pump failure is what triggered Seans comment about trying a mechanical fuel pump (which didn't offend me, I got a kick out of it), which offended Bill, and started this whole mess.

    I've learned my lesson. From now on I'm not talking about fuel pumps.

  5. #35
    Not dead yet, also Admin. sean's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Dahlonega GA

    Posts:    2,462

    Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Yeah, and his password could have been revoked after he made that post.
    You got me! Your internets award for sleuthing is in the mail along with a case of top roman.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

  6. #36
    DMCTalk.org's #2 Mike C.'s Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Huntersville, NC

    Posts:    1,402

    My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Yeah, and his password could have been revoked after he made that post.
    His password is not revoked............ nothing has changed with is login info...
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

    Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    153

    For what it's worth I'm a mod on a web site and the last thing you should do is make a public offering as you have, poor taste to say the least in my opinion.

    Either take your issue up with Sean via PM or e-mail or address the owner of the site and allow them a chance to handle any perceived problem as they see fit.

    If they (the owner(s)) don't have a problem with their mod's then you have the option of keeping quite or pounding salt.

    Sean and I have had a disagreement or 2 but have always been handled via PM, his job is not an easy one with cry babies trying to sway him this or that way on a topic.

    The fact that this thread is up and running shows Sean does all he can to make things fair. To quote from and old song, "You can't please everyone so ya got to please yourself"!

    So if you've not done so yet, be a man, take up your issue with Sean or the owner privately or move along.

    Sean has a job to do that requires discretion, discretion you or someone will not always agree with.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Hendersonville, NC

    Posts:    134

    My VIN:    16867

    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Sean sucks.



    Most of the 900 members don't even contribute. The amount of people who have posted more than a few times is probably closer to a hundred. In my opinion, the people who open an account and don't ask questions or contribute, don't count.
    Well, now let's see: I have owned a DeLorean since 1982. I have 200,000 miles under my belt driving a DeLorean. I have driven in 42 of the lower 48 states, 3 Canadian provides, and have driven 2000+ mile round trips over 30 times! I admit that I am a mechanical klutz and an electrical idiot, but that doesn't mean that just because i don't' post much that I don't count.

    I read the posts almost daily, but I must admit, my reading is selective, based upon the title of the thread.

    Given all of that - - - IF YOU THINK I DON'T COUNT WITHIN THE DELOREAN COMMUNITY, YOU ARE EITHER AN IDIOT OR THE MOST SELF-CEMTERED PERSON I HAVE EVER MET.

    SORRY ABOUT THE RANT. I I DON'T SUFFER FOLKS LIKE YOU VERY WELL.

    I have a life: get one - you might actually enjoy it!

    SEAN, you are okay in my books.

    THE Rad Dad
    Vin 16867

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    1,314

    My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

    Quote Originally Posted by Rad Dad View Post
    SEAN, you are okay in my books.
    Mine too. Sean and all the mods are providing a service and giving a lot of their time and effort so we can all have a civil place to share thoughts, information and experiences. Thank you Sean.

    I'm pleased with the new forum, and especially the new rules about off topic posts.

    A big thanks to all the mods, and a message to Bill if he still reads here - it would be great to have you back.

    Tom

  10. #40
    Nothing witty here lest it offend
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    990

    Quote Originally Posted by rad dad View Post
    well, now let's see: I have owned a delorean since 1982. I have 200,000 miles under my belt driving a delorean. I have driven in 42 of the lower 48 states, 3 canadian provides, and have driven 2000+ mile round trips over 30 times! I admit that i am a mechanical klutz and an electrical idiot, but that doesn't mean that just because i don't' post much that i don't count.

    I read the posts almost daily, but i must admit, my reading is selective, based upon the title of the thread.

    Given all of that - - - if you think i don't count within the delorean community, you are either an idiot or the most self-cemtered person i have ever met.

    Sorry about the rant. I i don't suffer folks like you very well.

    I have a life: Get one - you might actually enjoy it!

    Sean, you are okay in my books.

    The rad dad
    vin 16867
    consequences will never be the same!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •